• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max nominated as PRODUCER OF THE YEAR!

Started by Eddie Krommer, December 05, 2014, 09:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Krommer

turnaround

You mean at the Grammys? Amazing.

He really deserves "Song of the year" and "Record of the year"
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Fantastic news!

He's up against Paul Epworth, John Hill, Jay Joyce and Greg Kurstin

I think Max has a really good chance!

Is this one of the categories they show on TV?

turnaround

I really hope so.

I just noticed "Dark Horse" is also nominated and "My Everything" by Ariane Grande.

So Max has lots of moments to look forward and will hopefully attend.
And I liked it..

gm33

AND

He's nominated for both Song of the Year and Record of the Year!

Record of the Year
Shake It Off
Taylor Swift
Max Martin & Shellback, producers; Serban Ghenea, John Hanes, Sam Holland & Michael Ilbert, engineers/mixers; Tom Coyne, mastering engineer
Label: Big Machine Records

Song of the Year
Shake It Off
Max Martin, Shellback & Taylor Swift, songwriters (Taylor Swift)
Label: Big Machine Records; Publishers: Sony/ATV Tree Publishing/Taylor Swift Music/MXM admin. by Koblat Songs Music Publishing
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

j.fco.morales

Rex

rebekahELLE

Quote from: Rex on December 07, 2014, 03:50:59 PM
Has he ever won a grammy?
No, he hasn't won a GRAMMY.  It would be nice to see him finally recognized for his hard work.  He has won the ASCAP Songwriter of the year award 7 times, one of those as a tie with Dr. Luke.  He was the first non-American to win this award from the American Society of Composers, Artists and Publishers in 1999.

Hopefully, he can go home with a GRAMMY this year.  :D

georg_e

Max is so totally gonna win this year *  Not even close  between him and the competition  http://www.grammy.com/nominees?genre=25     Not only in quality, but also because the music biz knows where its money is  coming from right now: they will reward him :D

* Unless of course the Grammys makes one of their Politically Correct, wimped-out,  "artsy"choices.......

RoyFan

I do hope Max wins as well!   "Shake It Off' has grown on me, anyone know what he contributed melodically to that song?  the verse and pre chorus sound very Max.

What good stuff has Greg Kurstin done this year?  Who's he worked with?   Some of the stuff he did with Pink and Kelly is really good.  And what I like about him is that he's not a Max/Luke
clone, he really has a very unique style.  He's Jazz trained.

Rebecca

I wouldn't be surprised if the Producer of the Year award goes to Paul Epworth for working with Paul McCartney. I imagine all the voters in the The Recording Academy love Paul McCartney and probably don't like pop music much.

RoyFan

Interesting Rebecca.  Though some of 80's and 70's McCartney has a certain pop quality that is not worlds apart from some of what Max has done.
"Figure Of Eight" from Flowers In The Dirt
"Press" from "Press To Play"
"Waterfalls" - the melody more than the arrangement

Ever hear those ?

Rebecca

Hi Roy, yes I see what you're saying and no I don't know those songs. I should have explained myself properly. I didn't mean it so much about the songs but about the artists that record Max's songs. Paul McCartney is a singer songwriter with a lot of credibility. Okay, sure Taylor Swift writes or co-writes her songs and Katy Perry also co-writes but they're not a Beatle. The voters won't be able to resist voting for the producer that worked with Paul McCartney.

I would love Max to win Producer of the Year award and I think he deserves it, I desperately want him to win, but I'm just not sure he will.

However, I just noticed that Paul Epworth won a the Producer of the Year award in 2011, so maybe he won't win it again, then again, if it's the same voters, they will vote for him again.

j.fco.morales

I don't think Paul Epworth wins this year, he won with Adele's 21.

I go for Max this year: he had lots of hits lately and Grammy's are about that.

rebekahELLE

Quote from: Rebecca on January 02, 2015, 10:55:01 AMI would love Max to win Producer of the Year award and I think he deserves it, I desperately want him to win, but I'm just not sure he will.
It is a good year for him with huge mega worldwide hits, Bang Bang, Blank Space, Break Free, Dark Horse, Problem, Shake It Off, Unconditionally plus being the executive producer of 1989 Taylor Swift.  TS is now in the superstar stratosphere, she's huge. 1989 sold 3.66 million copies making it the #1 selling album in 2014.
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/12/31/in-battle-for-sales-leadership-taylor-swift-triumphs/?smid=tw-nytimes

I don't think the industry can ignore his work this year.  Hopefully we'll see him on stage accepting his first GRAMMY.  :)