• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Avril Lavigne and Max

Started by NobodysFool, April 01, 2009, 11:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Martin

Quote from: nshinnosuke on April 03, 2009, 12:05:06 PM
Innocence is co-written by Evan Taubenfeld,but produced by Rob Cavallo...
Keep Holding On is just a weaker version of I'm With You for me...I'm With You is the masterpiece

Agree with you,I'm with you is great but i prefer lukasz'song.

Poptasticuk

I prefer Keep Holding On to I'm With You, because I think her singing is nicer, and I prefer the melody too. I'm With You is a bit shrieky for me!

*Sabine*

I prefer I'm With you here, hehe, we're like 50/50.

Raul_esp

my happy ending is my favourite avril song , I love luke's songs in the last album , and I prefer a bit keep holding on to I'm with you , but not much  , I love both.

Alex Martin

Keep holdin on - I'm with you - 3-2 ;)

Rebecca

I prefer Keep Holding On too

Quote from: Alex Martin on April 03, 2009, 09:26:21 PM
Keep holdin on - I'm with you - 3-2 ;)

so now, Keep holdin on - I'm with you - 4-2

NobodysFool

Ha!  Yes, we're die-hard.  See, we know Max is a hit maker, but a lot of us thinks many hits these days sound the same.  We're not concerned with the hits.  We just want good music from Avril. 
I really like The Matrix and it would be great if Avril could work with them again, but I don't think that's going to be happening.  I'm not a fan of Dr. Luke.  I don't like the stuff he produced.  I like Butch.  I don't have a problem with him.

Yes, I like Keep Holding On and I'm with You, but I prefer I'm with You because the melody is better, it's catchier, and it has more emotion.  It's lighter and more carefree. 
A lot of people didn't like Avril until Girlfriend.  I personally loved her before The Best Damn Thing came along.  I liked her when she was a teenager.  I thought she was a beautiful, young talented girl.  I'm sorry for anyone who really enjoyed TBDT and didn't like her before, but I have to totally disagree.  Avril won us over with a different type of music and with TBDT, we got something we weren't really expecting.  In my opinion, Avril's better with stuff like Let Go and Under My Skin.  She doesn't need Max Martin.  I know she isn't the best songwriter, but if she's going to be producing hits, I think they better be catchy AND meaningful.  If she makes another TBDT, a lot of fans are going to leave her.  She can't pull something like that off again.  It would cost her too much.

NobodysFool

BTW, Mobile is my favorite Avril song, then Nobody's Fool!

Raul_esp

I think max is capacited for make a new sound for avril , I hope he makes it , something new, anyway I wouldnt mind hear another so what  ;D  I love it so much .

nshinnosuke

I'm With You is one of the greatest ballads ever written in the 2000s...It has such strong lyrics,melodies and deep feelings in it,I also love the music video.
I absolutely hate TBDT (the album),it had some mediocre songs like I Don't Have to Try and fillers like One of Those Girls and Contagious..These 2 songs are catchy but the production is really crap !!! Some of the better songs are TBDT,When You're Gone,Innocence,I Can Do Better,Runaway (sounds repetitive and generic but it was the only pop/rock song we could get from the album) and Girlfriend (the verses are perfect,they sound very Avril but the chorus is nothing special).

Mikkel Wong

I Don't Have to Try and fillers like One of Those Girls and Contagious..These 2 songs are catchy but the production is really crap !!![/quote]

Agree too!! ;D These songs really sucks :(

I think that Avril doesn't need Dr.L**e. because every song produced by Luke in TBDT are very catchy, but it has no class IMO. sorry :(

If Rami has took the place of luke, all songs might be more classy and beautiful.....

*Sabine*

I thought I'd bump this thread to post a short vid I just found out on youtube. It's Avril recording Girlfriend in several languages with Dr Luke. Really funny!

Rebecca

Thanks Sabine, but I don't see the link! it sounds funny though

*Sabine*

That's why I didn't paste it..  My head is always in the clouds!  :-[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdXcum3vS0g

Rebecca

Thanks Sabine, the clip is really funny, I don't know how she sang in all those different languages. it's always nice to see Dr luke too!