• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

www.maratone.se

Started by andrea, March 12, 2007, 11:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarle

No, she's not Mrs Pop, neither is the mother of his son. Jessica and Denniz broke up before he got cancer, and she's not the mother of his son either. Don't know who Mrs Pop is though...

Linda

Wow! another mystery......

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

Private life......... i´ll guess......
If you can dream it, you can be it.

jarle

Well, maybe this has nothing to do with the topic anymore, but http://www.maratone.se is up again ;)

turnaround

Oh great.
The re-designed the site a bit, now I can finally scroll there.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

hey, that's great, i was worried it was shutting down or something.

ANJ600

I am sure "hits" is not making all that legal stuff up, because the articles and the links to the sites have merit to what what he is saying.
But again, being a huge music producer and writer, legal trouble comes with the territory.

Now as for this thing about the "songwriting credits" with Max first and then Luke Next or the other way around...

Ok first of all, "hits" is right - whichever name comes first is the person who composed most of the song ( i don't know what %, etc..)but in general that's the rule.  Now hits, I have a question for you...which song/album are you referring to when you say that Luke's name comes first and not Max's because I trust this site is accurate and I have a whole bunch of albums from many (not all) of the artists on this site and Max's name is FIRST in the songwriting credits AND the production credits and then Luke's name is second.  Please tell me the name of a song/artist where Max and Luke work together and Luke's name comes FIRST in the credits...I really would like to hear such a song....

You are saying we are giving Max too much credit, well maybe you are not giving him enough.  You say that Max is nowhere without Luke when it comes to rock songs...I completely disagree...

First, Max is both pop AND rock by nature (those who say he is a POP producer and can't be compared with a ROCK producer, are dead wrong.)

Now for my example: listen to the song "Break You" by Marion Raven (notice how Max's name is first and THEN Luke).  Anyway, listen to that song and keep in mind that Max and Luke (in that order) both wrote and produced that song.  Now after that song listen to "End of Me" (one of the best songs) by Marion Raven.  Now WITHOUT going "to see" who wrote and produced that song...take a guess...  Just like "Break You", "End of Me" is a rock sound with great intensity and lots of electric guitar and similar music "style".  Now unless you have already "cheated", do you know who wrote "End of Me"?  It was Marion, Max and Rami.  More IMPORTANTLY, do you know who PRODUCED "End of Me"? it was Max and Rami and I SWEAR, the first time I heard "End of Me" I thought it was produced by Max and LUKE - but it's NOT....

So what THIS tells me is that Max REALLY is the one who is producing the majority of these tracks (his name comes FIRST) when he works with Luke or Rami.  In fact, I see Rami as more of a side co-producer in POP songs NOT ROCK at all.  I completely fail to see "Rami's contribution" to the production of "End of Me".  So if Luke really was not involved AT ALL in the production of "End of Me", then Max Martin should have been given FULL CREDIT for the production of that song.  

Anyway, whether it be Kelly Clarkson, BSB, Bo Bice, Ashley, Pink, The Veronicas, etc..) I see Max's name first and then Luke.  Max is the MAIN producer.  Now I am not discredting Luke in any way, he does an AMAZING job with Max and the songs are awesome, but I really thought that "End of Me" was co-produced with Luke because it has that musical "feel" to it and I was really shocked when I found out he had no part at all.  There many other examples but I am sure you get the idea.

If there are other songs where Max and Luke work together and Luke is the primary composer, please let me know, I would like to have further discussion on this...

ahmed

max deserves to be written first on the credits cuz he had created history for the singers he worked with like (britney spears,backstreet boys) and was the main reason for their success

i wonder where he learned music and how to produce,and i'm curious to know what musical instruments he palys.

princessofegypt

Quote from: ahmed on September 16, 2007, 12:59:14 AM

i wonder where he learned music and how to produce
He learned how to produce from DENNIZ. Plain & simple. He was into music before he met Denniz obviously, because he was in that crappy It's Alive band, but Denniz is solely the reason for his producing knowledge & pop success. He's the one who took him under his wing in the beginning when he knew virtually NOTHING, and taught him everything Max knows.

ahmed

have u ever wondered if any of Max Martin's lyrics reflect any personal side of him?

Rebecca

yeah, I have wondered this too. I suppose we'll never know.