• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

how much is Max worth $$$$$$$

Started by ITS ALIVE, May 25, 2007, 04:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITS ALIVE

I was reading a magazine the other day that said mutt lange earns 10 million dollars in royalties every year. If he sat in a chair and did not move for 365 days he would pocket 10 million!! I started to wonder how much Max is worth? Does anybody have a figure?

malcolm hogg

I read an article a couple of years ago that said Mutt makes $285000 per week on royalties from his back catalogue. That was before Shania's Up album.
Don't think Max will be anywhere near that level, but i wouldn't mind being %4 per week behind him!!!!
A childrens song, have you listened as they play? There song is love, and the children know the way!  B.Wilson/V.D. Parks. Brian Wilson presents Smile.

Rebecca

I have often wondered this myself. I'm sure it's a huge amount.
When you think how much Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys have earned when they barely have any songwriting credits (though their pay may be structured differently), Max and the other songwriters would have to earn a huge amount too.

The songs are played so much on radio. In Sydney on 106.5 (classic hits for those who don't know), as you'd know Its Alive, BSB is played nearly everyday!

But yeah it would have to be in the $millions

Wow, Mutt certainly earns a lot! good for him!

NIKLAS"NiCkY"

Actually i dont care

But i read in swedish newspaper maybe 2 years ago that Max martins company was that company that did the best  company's profit of them all in sweden.....i think the company's turnover was about 10 million dollar in 2005.... He is 12place in sweden on the tax list ..He is a good Swedish man and he pay tax in sweden and i am from sweden and he is best
If you can dream it, you can be it.

ITS ALIVE

QuoteThe songs are played so much on radio. In Sydney on 106.5 (classic hits for those who don't know), as you'd know Its Alive, BSB is played nearly everyday!

I so know what you mean Rebecca. A couple of years ago I heard 4, count them 4, Max songs in a row on Mix 106.5. BSB, Bolton, Britney, Robyn. I bet Mix had no idea they were doing it.

hits

Quote from: "malcolm hogg"I read an article a couple of years ago that said Mutt makes $285000 per week on royalties from his back catalogue. That was before Shania's Up album.
Don't think Max will be anywhere near that level, but i wouldn't mind being %4 per week behind him!!!!

Oh, I doubt that MUTT is anywhere near MAX. I am sure Max earns more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutt_Lange

Mutt didnt really wrote many hit songs, he mainly produced. While that still earns you royalties, the real money is in the songwriting royalties. And thats where Max is clearly more successful. Just take BSBs Millenium. Sold how many records. 34 million? Unbelievable. And every day, Britney, BSB and NSYNC songs get played all around the world.

turnaround

Yeah I imagine Max is one of the best earning persons of the 90ies.

And quite surely one of the richest Swedes I assume, apart from the Royal family etc hehe

No idea how much exactly, but if I had to guess I'd say about 300 millions. That's around what Madonna is supposed to have. Growing each day.

I guess it must have been always frustrating if you are a songwriter, especially in Sweden, and you put so much work in everything but the money only a few guys actually make.
And I liked it..

princessofegypt

Quote from: "Rebecca"

The songs are played so much on radio. In Sydney on 106.5 (classic hits for those who don't know), as you'd know Its Alive, BSB is played nearly everyday!
They play It's Alive songs on the radio over there? lol

Rebecca

Quote from: "princessofegypt"
Quote from: "Rebecca"

They play It's Alive songs on the radio over there? lol

haha. no, I was talking to Its Alive (I'm sure you knew that!), but hey maybe I should start to request our 'rock' station to play Its Alive songs!

Rebecca

Quote from: "turnaround"Yeah I imagine Max is one of the best earning persons of the 90ies.

And quite surely one of the richest Swedes I assume, apart from the Royal family etc hehe

No idea how much exactly, but if I had to guess I'd say about 300 millions. That's around what Madonna is supposed to have. Growing each day.

I guess it must have been always frustrating if you are a songwriter, especially in Sweden, and you put so much work in everything but the money only a few guys actually make.

Do you mean 300 million Euros or USD or Swedish Krona?

turnaround

Oh, I meant us dollars, sorry
And I liked it..

Rebecca

Quote from: "ITS ALIVE"

I so know what you mean Rebecca. A couple of years ago I heard 4, count them 4, Max songs in a row on Mix 106.5. BSB, Bolton, Britney, Robyn. I bet Mix had no idea they were doing it.

Exactly!  a great day and it happens all the time. And then on the more current radion stations they play 4Ever and Since U Been Gone a lot still and Pink etc etc!

Rebecca

Quote from: "turnaround"Oh, I meant us dollars, sorry

thanks, I thought that's what you meant!
probably about right

I read that Britney has about $100m USD so Max has got to have 3 x that!

Rebecca

Quote from: "hits"

Oh, I doubt that MUTT is anywhere near MAX. I am sure Max earns more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutt_Lange

Mutt didnt really wrote many hit songs, he mainly produced. While that still earns you royalties, the real money is in the songwriting royalties. And thats where Max is clearly more successful. Just take BSBs Millenium. Sold how many records. 34 million? Unbelievable. And every day, Britney, BSB and NSYNC songs get played all around the world.

True, though ACDC have sold a lot of his produced albums, and Bryan Adams has sold a lot too. I thought co-wrote Shania's albums too?

malcolm hogg

mutt has been around so many years! Remember that he was involved in music back in the 70's, 80's and 90's before the internet revolution. i remember talking to him at newcastle city hall. He was the most down to earth guy in the world. Aint seen him since. but the pop he made, if he got paid 10 million a week i wouldnt begrudge him that. I would like to think that he is amaster of pop music!!!!! Max i think may be his protege?!?!?!
A childrens song, have you listened as they play? There song is love, and the children know the way!  B.Wilson/V.D. Parks. Brian Wilson presents Smile.