• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Exclusive Interviews The Telegraph & Dagens Industry

Started by bugmenot, November 16, 2019, 12:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugmenot

Both Paywalled.

Max Martin interview: the pop maestro on making Shakespeare sound like Taylor Swift and Britney Spears
Register via facebook to access

• Annual royalties exceeding $50 million
  • "I've had people ask if they can come by and see what I do, and after half an hour sitting listening to a kick drum they are like: 'Jesus, get me out of here!' The job, it's pretty dull".
  • He admits, even he is baffled by pop trends. "But if 200 million people love [something] then I try to understand why.
  • Martin insists his approach is not formulaic.
  • He's an absolute pain in the arse to be produced by. I usually sing it twice and it's done. He has you in there all day.
  • He refutes that working with a limited singer such as Spears is challenging.
  • And, how Max Martin solo album might sound like.

with Gary Barlow:

bugmenot

Quote– It was theurapetic for me to work with my old songs again. For the first time I felt "Oh, there is just fff..."
(I don't understand what does "oj, det här är ju rätt fff..." mean).
He agrees that word "fat" describes his music.

bugmenot

bugmenot

QuoteIt was Jenny who started producing the musical &Juliet.

Martin thinks his early songs are naiv.
he was telling everyone in school that he will be a rockstar.

Martin studied also with Peter Jöback

bugmenot

Martin sacrificed his life to being a musician. He is a bad son, a bad brother. He disappointed many people meanwhile. But also it prevented him from partying and drugs.

bugmenot

They with Jenny from 1997, she works for him but I can't translate other parts:

Quote– Alltså Polarpriset har ju ställt till det lite hemma. Sommaren efter att jag fått priset, 2016, var ganska hemsk, plötsligt var jag synlig. Men det är som min fru Jenny säger, det är ju ingen som häcklar mig. De flesta som kommer fram är glada. Du undrade hur jag kunnat hålla på så länge. Jenny är en viktig anledning. Vi har hängt ihop sedan 1997, hon har varit med på hela den här resan. Hon är en väldigt klok kvinna. Vi är lite av ett familjeföretag, med förlag och studio.

bugmenot

Doris doesn't make music. She studies fashion and fashion history in London.

Martin likes when adept singers sing plain and easy in the studio, without showing all what they can do with their voice, but improvise as they wish singing live.

bugmenot

Martin is a song doctor. He hears what a melody needs to be a better song.

AlexanderLaBrea

Quote from: bugmenot on November 16, 2019, 12:36:30 PM

Basically "fat" in this context means "cool" or "rad" or whatever in Swedish. So basically what he said here is:

"Oh this is really coo... ehm this really IS something", as in him rediscovering how good his old songs were.

turnaround

And I liked it..

B Steady

Thank you indeed, very interesting!

I also really like the way you showcase the content, again thank you!
Vila i frid Dag