• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Katy Perry - "PRISM" out NOW!

Started by B Steady, July 30, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca

B Steady

I'm surprised by your reactions ???

I mean Katy is hot indeed but not in a boxer dress, whereas she wore a stunning dress on the red carpet.

musical-wise the performance was not that special in my book. way too much playback for a pop-performance, but I loved the special drum part!!! there you could hear the amazing drum production :D
Vila i frid Dag

gm33

I absolutely loved the performance. It was very story driven and all the characters had a purpose in telling the story. Well choreographed, and the backdrop was of course spectacular. So much better than all the other performances where people are needlessly gyrating or otherwise stripping and everything is a mess with no logical story. A+ Katheryn Hudson!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

B Steady

Quote from: gm33 on August 28, 2013, 03:25:32 AM
So much better than all the other performances where people are needlessly gyrating or otherwise stripping and everything is a mess with no logical story.

Except for Drake and Kanye West!
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Quote from: Rebecca on August 07, 2013, 12:38:19 PM
I'm really looking forward to this. I don't want it to be dark. I hope it's joyful!
From popjustice :D

Katy Perry's said her new album isn't that dark at all actually

Source: http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/katy-perrys-said-her-new-album-isnt-that-dark-at-all-actually/119209/#ixzz2dLjWvUzc
And I liked it..

Joshua

Yeah I think dark was the wrong word when she first spoke about it.

I really liked her live performance, it actually sounded great in a different key, allowed her to do some nice ad libs at the end.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

ROAR is the GOAT song, we're just too spoiled to realize it.

not srs

melodicmoonlight

QuoteKaty Perry's new album Prism isn't coming out until October 22, but JustJared.com was one of a select group of outlets to preview the album!

"Even though I'm older, I'm wiser. I'm very excited to put visuals to the songs and play them live," the 28-year-old singer said about the album. She told us that half of the songs were made in Santa Barbara and the other half in Stockholm.

While only 11 songs were played at the listening session, we can report that there will be 13 songs on the regular album and 16 songs on the deluxe album. The songs that were played are not in the order that they will come on the album.

Make sure to tune into Good Morning America tomorrow morning (September 6) to catch Katy revealing the official album artwork for Prism!

Katy Perry – Prism Album Preview

"Roar"
-You have all heard this one already and all of us at JustJared.com love it! Go watch the just released music video if you haven't seen it yet.

"Legendary Lovers"
-A slow, groovy song.
-Sample lyrics: "Take me down to the river/ Underneath the ____/ Say my name like a scripture/ Keep my heart beating like a drum/ Legendary lovers, legendary lovers, legendary lovers"
-There's a breakdown in the song that makes you want to belly dance. There's a howl toward the end.. "Ah-who-o-o-o!"

"Birthday"
-Katy shared that it's an upbeat "song that Mariah Carey would have put on her first record."
-Sample lyrics: "I'll give you a taste/ Make you lick your body every day/ Give you something to satisfy... Give you something good to celebrate/ I know you like it sweet/ Make it like your birthday everyday."
-The breakdown: "Let me get you in your birthday suit."
-Song ends with a whisper, "happy birthday"

"Walking On Air"
-Recorded in Stockholm, produced by Klas Åhlund.
-She was inspired by a "Central Park Day" where she was eating hot dogs with a friend and watching roller skaters perform to deep house music.
-Very 90′s dance divas a la CeCe Peniston and Crystal Waters.
-Sample lyrics: "Just when I think I can't take anymore/ We go deeper and hotter than ever before/ We go higher and higher, I feel like I'm already there/ I'm walking on air tonight"
-Check out Just Jared's previous post to listen to a preview!

"Unconditionally"
-Katy's fave song on the record. She shared that she's the "most proud to have written" the mid-tempo song. Seems like the song written most about John Mayer.
-Sample lyrics: "Did I almost sin... all your insecurities..." Chorus: "Unconditional, unconditionally/ I will love you unconditionally. There is no fear now... I love you conditionally."

"Dark Horse" feat Juicy J
-The urban song has Juicy rapping "She's a beast" of Katy.
Sample lyrics: "So you wanna play with magic/ Boy you should know what you're falling for/ Baby do you dare to do this/ Cause I'm coming at you like a dark horse.. Are you ready for, ready for/ Perfect storm, perfect storm/ Cuz once you're mine, once you're mine"
-Listen to a preview of this song now!

"This Is How We Do"
-Club banger written in Stockholm and Just Jared's personal favorite!
-Sample lyrics: "Chanel this, Chanel that, hell yeah... Street stuntin' ya we do it like that/ Yeah this is how we do.. Bring the beat back"

"International Smile"
-Upbeat, dancey song written for her DJ BFF Mia Moretti. Katy shared, "She travels all around the world. She's my muse. Don't tell my other friends."
-Sample lyrics: "That girl's a trip, one way ticket/ Takes you miles high, cause she's got that one international smile."

"Ghost"
-Mid-tempo song written in Santa Barbara.
-Sample lyrics: "Every gift, every letter, every promise, there forever... now you're just a ghost.. vanish like a vapor... now I see clearly... my vision's 20/20... So rest in peace, see you on the other side."

"Love Me"
-Made in Stockholm and produced by Bloodshy. Katy has wanted to work with him every since Britney Spears' "Toxic" (One of Just Jared's favorite songs!).
-"All the lyrics [to "Love Me"] are important to me," she shared.
-Sample lyrics: "I love myself in fear of losing you... I lost my own identity"... Love me, no more second guessing/ There's no more questioning/ I'll be the one to find who I love/ I can see you have feelings... I'm gonna love"

"Double Rainbow"
-Wrote this melodic mid-tempo song with Greg Kurstin and Sia.
-Sample lyrics: "One man's trash is another man's treasure/ The two of us together... So if it's up to me, I'm gonna keep you forever... Brighter than the Northern Lights... Like a double rainbow in the sky... double rainbow time flies"

"By The Grace Of God"
-This ballad closes out the regular record.
-Sample lyrics: "Lay on the bathroom floor/ Couldn't take it anymore... By the grace of God/ I looked in the mirror and decided to stay/ Wasn't gonna let love take me out... I thank my sister for keeping my head above the water... Every morning, I finally see myself again... Universe calling my bluff"

Joshua

I totally love the music video... you can always rely on Katy for a big concept video! Takes me back to the days of Aqua, or something! :D