• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ariana Grande Sued for Copyright Infringement Over “One Last Time" (Rami, Carl)

Started by turnaround, August 25, 2016, 05:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Oh oh,
Ariana's song gets Rami and Carl again into trouble:

Ariana Grande Sued for Copyright Infringement Over "One Last Time"

Listen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDV2O1OEXaM

http://www.eonline.com/news/789781/ariana-grande-sued-for-copyright-infringement-over-one-last-time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Last_Time_(Ariana_Grande_song)

QuoteThis time, Ariana Grande is under fire for her 2015 chart-topping track "One Last Time," which songwriter Alex Greggs claims was embodied after the Skye Stevens' 2012 single he wrote titled "Takes All Night."

QuoteIn documents obtained by E! News, Greggs alleges that "One Last Time" and "Takes All Night" bear similarities "so striking that it is highly likely the works were not created independently of one another," noting the chorus and lyrics of Grande's version as a primary catalyst for the legal action.
And I liked it..

georg_e

It's fine to copy a CONCEPT -- (i.e. like on "One Last Time" use that idea of having a simple catchy chord progression/melody running thru the whole instru  that later doubles as the chorus melody) ....but when you use most of the same NOTES in addition to using the same chord progression? And that sounds basically the same right from the beginning of the song?? 😳

nanofives

What kind of joke is this?
That song is a clear rip off of all the songs Carl and rami did with redone. And yes, they are similar, but it's because I think he copied previous Carl and rami's work.
BTW, liked that song, it's like the original demo mohombi sent to redone of starships.

georg_e

turnaround

I see definitely the similiaries but later I even more get the impression that "DJ Got Us Falling is the song that is even more similiar.
And I liked it..

georg_e

Quote from: turnaround on August 25, 2016, 07:28:38 PM
I see definitely the similiaries but later I even more get the impression that "DJ Got Us Falling is the song that is even more similiar.
I hear what you mean, but that's more STYLE .....which is totally legit to do. But the first part of the 2011 song -- "Baby if it takes all night I'm taking you home " is virtually the same melody (over the same chords) as the Ariana song. And that melody is the entire hook running thru both songs:-) To me it's impossible to be a coincidence.

nanofives

That lead synth was too familiar for me, I will insist on my previous point, because Carl and rami have been using those synth (which sounds very similar to Skye's) in Hey Sexy Lady, which is from late 2010s. But I don't deny that both artists have something someone stole from the other.

If you compare those two songs and then another like... Heartless, I would definitely say all were produced by Carl and rami

B Steady

is really only Ariana sued?

and in this case I'd say no ripoff, Rami & Co. winning here
Vila i frid Dag