• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Your Top 5 of Max Martin's songs

Started by turnaround, January 09, 2007, 04:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

I rather the old stuff 1992-2001 one hundred times over then the new stuff 2001-Present.

no comparsion :[

*Sabine*

For me there are classic Cheiron songs that will never be topped: Baby one more time, oops, lucky, shape of my heart.... but i must say the latest Maratone hits are much better than some old Cheiron. If you seek amy, hot and cold, so what, my life would suck without you, since u been gone, u+ ur hand, these are EXCELLENT!
So between Cheiron and Maratone, I'd pick Cheiron cause there are more songs and Cheiron is what made us Max fans, we are nostalgic it's obvious and we almost all prefer old pop to rockier sounds. But wait in 5 years when Maratone will be as old as Cheiron was when it closed down and maybe our opinions will evolve... ;)

Alex Martin

Totally Agree with Sabine,every single words....100%!!!!

*Sabine*

Wow 2009 sounds promising... Alex agreeing with me!! ;D

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: *Sabine* on January 14, 2009, 04:49:34 PM
For me there are classic Cheiron songs that will never be topped: Baby one more time, oops, lucky, shape of my heart.... but i must say the latest Maratone hits are much better than some old Cheiron. If you seek amy, hot and cold, so what, my life would suck without you, since u been gone, u+ ur hand, these are EXCELLENT!
So between Cheiron and Maratone, I'd pick Cheiron cause there are more songs and Cheiron is what made us Max fans, we are nostalgic it's obvious and we almost all prefer old pop to rockier sounds. But wait in 5 years when Maratone will be as old as Cheiron was when it closed down and maybe our opinions will evolve... ;)
I agree I love all the pop/rock songs you named sabine plus so many others, but I don't think the Cheiron pop era will be beaten by the Maratone era Sabine, I guess it will be missed in our hearts but for it to top that Cheiron songs I  love and made me a fan, no way in hell....

nshinnosuke

actually this pop/rock sound was not started by Avril Lavigne,her first album sounds lighter than Max's usual pop/rock songs and Michelle Branch started the genre back in 2001 with Everywhere and All You Wanted,Michelle's songs are more similar to what Max is doing now I think...Alanis Morissette was one of the earliest female pop/rock acts with guitars to gain huge success but her music doesn't sound like Max's

Unexpected

No chance in hell I will ever love pick the pop/rock era over the GLAM POP era , for so many reasons :

Most important " The POP era has more producers collaborating with each other , but what about this new era , it was mostly exclusive since the begining of maratone in 2001 with Max Martin , Rami  ,    and dr luke who's I believe the original new sound creator and not signed to maratone , so Only Max that's what led songs to be copy-cat of each other , no sharing ideas between the producers .
and I'm totally POP fan , it took me a while to get into this pop/rock sound ,

*Sabine*

I agree about the sound being similar to Michelle Branch, I love this song by the way....

About Maratone topping Cheiron, maybe not but it could be about equal if the hits keep flowing like these days!

Alex Martin

*Sabine*

Linda

I don't think Maratone could ever top Cheiron.
I'm becoming more and more in love with the old classic cheiron sound everyday as i discover new music. It really does make my day.=]

...but still to this day i'm pissed off that they closed cheiron.
even though i understand why, and it was a right decision.
but i'm pissed and i will never get over it. lol

*Sabine*

Yeah, can't get over it too but still I enjoy the Maratone's sound more and more everyday.
Which are these old Cheiron songs you've discovered recently?