• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Man Who Beat Max Martin!

Started by Neal Sabel, September 22, 2017, 02:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neal Sabel

Hi,

I'm looking for an Artist Liaison to pitch my music catalogue.  Basically, you have to be outgoing and sociable, love going to open mics, gigs and music events and meeting artists.  Also you should have good sales skills, able to pitch music effectively to artists.  This is a part time position, and I'm offering a 10% commission for every artist demo cut directly from artists you've referred.  So this could make a nice side income for you.  This would suit a music/media student type who loves going to music shows and has good interpersonal skills and confidence or just a straight up sales guy looking for a new challenge and to get experience in the music industry. 

You can check me out and listen to the catalogue (under Songs Showreels), its retro-cool, 80s Pop that's swiftly coming back in fashion and in high demand, I would say.

www.nealsabel80spop.com

I've worked for International media companies as a sound programmer and mixer for global Dance and Pop producers (refer to Bio section of site).

This will be an ongoing position and could also lead to a starter salary for you in the future, based on performance and how business grows.

In terms of location, anywhere is fine; Stockholm, London, New York, LA, Australia, France, Germany, Canada, Nashville etc - the music centres, mainly.

Thanks and please reply to this posting if you're interested.  The next stage is a short email interview; What I'm really looking for is a lot of enthusiasm and confidence in winning over artists!

Kind Regards,

Neal Sabel

(please kindly keep this post where people might find it, thanks)

Neal Sabel

Update:

I've got about 2 guys who I'm thinking might get the job, but I haven't made my decision yet.  There is still time if you feel you are a good fit for the role, so don't hesitate, any longer. 

Just to ease your doubts.  I made close to 30K alone from artist demos and licensing, last year, from my own efforts meeting artists and going to open mics, but I don't get much time now, further adding to the catalogue and pitching, life stuff, etc.  If I can make that much alone then think about how much you could generate, just meeting artists a few times a week, in the evenings, you can even think of it as leisure, if you enjoy going to shows anyway.  My catalogue is over 50 songs, so there's always plenty for the artists to choose from? 10% is your commission!

I will offer a formal work agreement so you know its legit and can provide artist/industry references if you need.  Being an Artist Liaison could be the start of your career into A&R, which is very lucrative and people like Simon Cowell earn a hell of a lot, if that's your end game.  But you have to start from somewhere right.

Don't wait, if this is for you, the candidate selection phase is almost complete and once it closes I don't know, when I'll need another Artist Liaison, or if.

Thanks.

Neal Sabel (kindly leave this in its original place as matter of an update)

Neal Sabel

Hi,

Just released my new album, "All For The Love" and the name really says it all.  I'm entering a phase of life where I'm actually starting to let go and realising that doing things, like music, just for the love, is the main thing, major success or not.  Probably my favs on this album is "God Will Fix Your Broken Wings" because its really powerful, and really relevant today, when there is little love in the world and we have to call on a higher power or presence for guidance and just to make it through really.  I also love "Just Like An Angel" musically its really beautiful, and lyrically from a poet stand point, very nice too.  There are 10 tracks, including instrumentals, so who knows what your fav will be.

Please show your support by buying the album, on iTunes, here:

http://itunes.apple.com/album/id1294825305?ls=1&app=itunes

Hope you enjoy it, God bless and stay tuned for more updates.

Kind Regards,

Neal 

turnaround

Just out of curiousity. How many copies have you sold in your career?

On Spotify there is not a single song that made more than 1000 streams. I listened to the new album a bit. But I must admit that I don't like the vocals, I hardly get any of the lyrics and the sound is just not professional.

I think you should improve your skills before releasing more music.

Take classes and learn from others

No offence.
And I liked it..

Neal Sabel

I'm not going to counter point every thing everyone says about the "sound" or the new album but if you are a fan of the 80s and 90s you should know that vocal production was very different back then.  Vocals had more reverb and were generally quieter, also less compressed, that's the way I like to produce them.  Nowadays, vocals tend to be more Vocal over mic but to me the vocals come across way too loud and the compression is just too much for them to be flowing enough, not to mention the awful amount of Auto-Tune.  I use no Auto-Tune, not even a drop and I find that's makes me a better singer. 

So, you didn't understand this hook, from "All To Dust," for example: "I thought you were the one, just rising like the sun, but then you go and burn it all to dust, I gave you all my heart, the better part of me, but then you go and burn it all to dust."  Simple and direct not to mention quite poetic, it's basically the guy saying that no matter how much he loved the girl, she ruined it all by throwing it back in his face, hence "All To Dust."  The lyrics are deep, so you have to think about them, they are not like California Girls where 6 year old can understand. My songwriting is more like Richard Marx and Adult Contemporary.

"Professional," again is a matter of opinion.  Would you regard Sam Cooke's recordings are professional.  Many would say there is not enough EQ or compression, or that the recording quality overall was low due to analogue equipment, but tell that to a Sam Cooke fan and he will simply say that this chart stuff is completely over engineered.  So again what's professional to him, might not be to you.  I deem my sound professional because it is a convincing and unique 80s and 90s sound, simply.

I won't be back to counter point other points people wish to make.  My release postings are mainly for the fans, who like my sound and get my songs.  I can't convince a Sinatra lover to love 80s pop, it just won't happen, so I won't bother :).

I personally don't feel envious of the quality Max Martin is producing these days, songs like "Last Friday Night" are deeply lacking in lyrical depth and the over compression, tackiness of the soft synths and auto tune is incredibly off putting.  I use real synthesisers and will always, I just wonder why people can't hear those things.  Is it because this is a Max Martin forum and people have suddenly stopped questioning the quality of music, because they assume that it will be perfect coming from him. 

You need to re-think why you think he is so great.  Maybe he was once, during the Cheiron period but that was for clear musical reasons.  Pick a Britney song like Stronger and compare it, I urge you to.  You will find very easily that there is more lyrical depth and meaning than LFN, the mixing is cleaner, the harmonies are better and the quality of sounds and arranging is superior (using real synthesisers, isn't that a coincidence). 

The truth is people are nowadays being fed phoney milk, to use an analogy, that they've forgotten what real milk tastes like.  It's a sad state of affairs for the music industry and in some ways I am glad the industry is burning.  Sales have slumped considerably, streaming doesn't pay much and to answer your questions I have sold about 5000 digital copies of my music in 3 years or so, because I got a lot of songs in college radio and clubs around London and Los Angeles. 

I also got licensing deals and produced demos for many unsigned artists.  But this is not about me, again, for the fans the album is there to be enjoyed.  I can't expend more energy on justifications, I've said enough.  Thanks.   

Neal Sabel

update: Still waiting on one potential candidate but I've also decided to adapt the role to "Online Artist Liaison," which means if you spend a lot of time online this could work for you.  Since, no one seems to maybe have the time to go to open mic events, if you like going on youtube, Facebook, twitter etc, then you can look for artists there and ones that you refer to me, I can give you 5% (due to the fact that online is easier work than actually meeting artists face to face). 

Let's face it, Max Martin is never gonna call you up and if you want some experience in the industry working with independent songwriters and producers such as myself, then this is a good chance, also you can be based anywhere.  Unless, an established writer or producer is giving you a better offer, are they?? I could do this work myself but really have no time, given my current work load. 

It's not hard: Go on Youtube, find a good singer, contact them and ask them if they want a professional demo or looking for their own sound. See what they say.  Same applies for Facebook, twitter, Soundcloud etc. 

Thanks, will update in due course.

Neal Sabel

Hi All,

Been offline for a while, refurbishments taking place etc.  Now for all you business minded people, here's a little something.  Let me put like this, I've got the firepower in terms of amazing songs and just need a gunner, so I can load my ammunition in, if you see what I mean.  This point man or woman I'm looking for should have an existing contact with one or all or any Cheiron members, either directly or through a friend.  The bottom line is people, is unless you can get your songs through the right channel, people like Kristian or Max or Rami etc won't consider it, no matter how good it is.  It will stay on a pile like every other demo.  But it doesn't have to be that way.  Let's say you're a friend or a friend of Max Martin's then why should you help me get my songs to him.  Let me spell it out.  If he records the song/s then it will undoubtedly get released because he's not someone who wastes his time on non releases or non major hits and I get a cut of the co-write and/or co-produce, if relevant.  Say the song sells 5 million copies in 1 month (guesstimate) then you get 5% of my share, which is a lot of money lol! Plus the creds, boasted rep etc.  I get my hit, so we'll all happy. 

Depending on how good your relationship or "clout" as the industry likes to put it is with the likes of Kristian and Max then I may be able to offer up to 10% of my cut earnings, so if I make 3 mil you get 300,000 just for organising lunch between us, if you catch my drift.  Obviously the lunch has to lead on to bigger and better things, but that's the way it happens in this biz, mostly. 

Do I have the songs: Frankly yes, they are original, f***ing catchy as hell, cool, happening, great mixes, clean, heart felt, great sounds blah blah - They simply are the s***. 
check out the showreels here if you don't believe me: https://www.nealsabel80spop.com/songs-showreels

Plus I've got a ton of hooks and songs in the drawer that I haven't recorded.  Worst case scenario is Max and Kristian will say no, but I guarantee you they will be curious, just because the music is different and not the usual crap they receive.  Now, what that means is if we keep a steady link going, some song, some day could hit the spot.  We have to be patient but whose to say 10 songs down the line and Max and/or Kristian is f***ing loving it and wants to cut it, then we're in and we can stop posting on this forum and be REAL producers for once lol!!

I'm just kidding, this forum is cool.  So, look if you wanna move forward in your music but don't have the firepower in terms of songs, let's do each other a favour and collaborate, even if you were Max's in term 3 years ago, he still knows you and you could still approach him just to say "hi what's up, here's a little update and by the way, some cool producer guy asks me if you could check out a tune or two."  He should be cool with that :)

If you hate me because I have talent, get over it already, it won't get you anywhere.  If your envious, get over it it won't get you anywhere.  If you're jealous you get the picture etc. 

To ease your mind, if you're thinking well this guy's songs aren't perfect, 'Human Nature' one of Michael Jackson's biggest hits was a scratch recording made by the drummer I believe of Toto, it wasn't mixed or anything and still it became a hit.  I believe Kristian and Max are not the type to pass up on a great, hit potential tune just because the mix was a little off by some degree, if they hear it could be a hit, then undoubtedly they hear the money !!

I'll leave it at that and plus wouldn't it be fun to actually have lunch and get to know the ones you admire so much, right. :)

AlexanderLaBrea

Not again... I'm not gonna comment on your songs, but really? This is a fan forum. WHY do you even for one second think that anyone here would know Max or Rami, or Kristian in person? Each of these guys' addresses are public. Send a demo if you want. They won´t listen, but it will be as close as you'll get. You won't find friends and family on forums on the internet... You could try stalking in person but I'm pretty sure that's a felony.

bugmenot

Neal Sabel, use soundcloud, became the most listened user,  record labels do will notice you.
Or your songs not good enough? Maybe that is the answer?

Wolf Cousin

Hi Neal,

I'm someone who is a little further down the line in the music industry. Not anywhere close to Max Martin levels, but let me give you a friendly little piece of advise.

1: I've come to notice that for some reason, you are just as good as the people you're working with. Meaning the better I got, the more people started to approach me for my music. That takes time. You're looking for a shortcut that doesn't exist.

2: I've never send any music out untill I really felt it could be something. Meaning that the demo already has to sound like it could be played on the radio. Because as much as we like to think people will listen trough bad production or bad vocals, they don't. So if you really want your demo's to deliver, get in touch with a singer that can translate your melodic ideas. Cause I don't think your voice will cut it (yet).

3: You really sound like an entitled dipshit. I'm not saying you are one, but based on your post I wouldn't even want to get in the studio with you. It sounds like you've created your own universe where you're the bomb who has it all figured out. Again, not saying you are like that, it just sounds like that way.

You are totally right about the fact that music is a peoples industry. So why are you scaring them away? Try to be a little more humble. To end on a positive note, you have some melodies in there that aren't even all that bad.

Just my 2 cents!  ;)

Neal Sabel

Are you all a bunch of f*** ing prudes or what??  You know what forget it, I'll call up John Branca Kristian's lawyer sometime and pay him like 10K to submit my s*** to him, when I get desperate enough.  You people seem to think that there's some heavily f***ing song out there that will cut it.  HELLO ITS WHO YOU KNOW NOT HOW GOOD THE MUSIC IS OTHERWISE THE CHARTS WOULDN'T BE FILLED WITH CRAP!! F***king useless d** s**** couldn't get help even if the universe was ending, your more about for filling your self righteous opinions.  Delete this f***ing pose if you like I'm through with you lot!!

Watch when I make, you just watch.  I've got some unbelievable hooks ready to record that will leave your mouths watering.  Max Martin can kiss my a** if he thinks I don't cut it, my songs will be killing his :)

Neal Sabel

Add to that why should I be a kiss a**.  No why, I've got DIVINE TALENT, the greatest kind.  I'm a f***ing hit maker you know, without guys like me who'd be stuck with mediocre s*** and I need to bow my head to those f***ing run of the mill, degenerate chart wannabe's with 0 (ZERO) originality and flair.  YOU BOW BEFORE ME NOW B****!!

cheironlover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxDY5yHZnA I didn't do this, but I know you love to combine 80's-90's pop with the cheiron element. I thought you might like this vst since it's all the 80's linndrums.

j.fco.morales