• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

A Cheiron Influenced Work from Yours Truly.

Started by cheironlover, February 18, 2014, 04:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheironlover

You've been waiting for this for many years, but now, HERE IT IS! It took me a couple of years for it all to fall into place. Right now at this point, it is but an instrumental demo, for there aren't any vocals, just yet. My room isn't in the best condition, or else I would already have the vocals down. I also want to record an "official" video to go with it with me and my pals in it. Doing all kinds of freedom oriented things such as cycling to the park, shooting hoops, having a block party, and then some. Not mention "singing" the song too on stage and off. I'm so done with settling for making slideshows.

Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2wPl1WPCyQ

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

B Steady

Actually everything needs more work

Melodies, progression, drums, mix and so on

At least one can hear the influences. Those voice samples in the drums are taken from ...Baby One More Time? The synthie (sounds bit like an organ) at 3:10 is pretty out of tune

Oh and the "brasses" from 4:14 on are our of tune too :/
Vila i frid Dag

cheironlover

Quote from: B Steady on February 18, 2014, 09:14:15 AM
Actually everything needs more work

Melodies, progression, drums, mix and so on

At least one can hear the influences. Those voice samples in the drums are taken from ...Baby One More Time? The synthie (sounds bit like an organ) at 3:10 is pretty out of tune

Oh and the "brasses" from 4:14 on are our of tune too :/

What I did was bring the synths/drums down from the standard 440hz to the universal 432hz. Even though I have the stems pack, I actually DIDN'T take the drum voices from BOMT, oh no. I actually have the Downtown Beats CD from PowerFX (hence the kick-drum layers and hi-hats and breath shaker) the snare layer comes from 2 stock samples I have on FL Studio and one other from the downtown beats cd, tambourine is stock, as well as the toms and timbals, the doing comes from a voice package from akai s3000. Since I have uploaded this one, I have changed a thing or 2. Which synths did I forget to do the 432 treatment? I guarantee that it will get better once vocals are overlaid and it is mastered to sound like a CD.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/12/21/heres-why-you-should-convert-your-music-to-432hz/

To be honest with you I hated the brasses too  >:( GAG! YUCK!

I intend to replace the synth brasses with a REAL recorded brass track.

Thank you all for your constructive comments.

cheironlover

Let's see if I can show you what I did since I uploaded THAT. Because since that time I actually altered a thing or two, even the snare by staccato'ing it.
?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aPIC844JcA

Remember this is only a demo, cut number 2.  We're one step closer to the final cut.

cheironlover

Update: My rooming is in better condition. Now the Mic needs to be found. Then when the buddies and I record, then it needs to be  mastered by  Chapman recordings. At least until I learn how to mix.

Axel

You want an honest opinion, right?

I have to say that this demo is not even close to any other demo of the pros. It won't be enough on this level. By far. The instrumentalization, the overall impression is just amateurish, I'm sorry. It sounds to me like a Casio demo-track in the 80s on a simple keyboard for the kids. This may be very harsh, but this will be what the guys at studios will tell you.

If other guys on the forum think I'm talking it down too much, please correct me. But I think false hopes won't help you in any way at all. You need to improve your production skills first (and songwriting skills too), to make any sort of impact I'm afrait. :-(

Cheers
Axel

AlexanderLaBrea

Axel is right. This sounds pretty bad. But the positive thing is that the fun part is learning, and if you have the will, you can get a lot better in a relatively short period of time. But my advice would be: Start over, make a new song, and don't hire any real brass players or go to any mastering studio. Mastering won't help unless you have a good mix, and to have a good mix you'll need a good production. Real brass is also wasted money where you are at now. When your productions reaches pretty much radio standard, then it could be an idea to hire people- Just my two cents.

cheironlover

Have no worries, Axel, it's just meant to be a cover version of a song I like heavily inspired by cheiron and ace of base. I think the brasses are disgusting too, and I intend to have real brasses to replace the fake brasses anyway. I have no false hopes.  ;D. Plus I would love to learn to write songs too even though I'm a covers kind of chick. I have other things I plan to do with it too. (Patting your back)

I appreciate your honesty. We all gotta start somewhere!

Big hug.

P.S. I never claimed to be professional.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W5FfJ89rGPc This is the song of which I intend to do a cover version of with a few others. Have no worries, I won't stop until I get it right.

cheironlover

I have not given up and never will. (I'm still working on fixing WCWBF)

This is a new upload with a bit of mixing and I also learned that the bass is usually quite low in the mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k876GBPBnWE

This isn't the final product and some tweaking might need to be done so it can be the final product.

This might not be the magnum opus of our times, but I sure as hell gave it my all.

Tano87

U got the loops from PowerFX Downtown Beats website previews?? 😂😂
Also it's not lime the bass is low...it's that tracks have more sounds that cover It...but it's not low.

cheironlover

Quote from: Tano87 on August 23, 2015, 11:06:56 AM
U got the loops from PowerFX Downtown Beats website previews?? 😂😂
Also it's not lime the bass is low...it's that tracks have more sounds that cover It...but it's not low.

No, I bought the whole CD from power fx.  ;D

wonderarp

Sounds like Ace of Base, very 90´s. Maybe that´s the sound you are going for?
The mix is ok, but you need some variation. Another verse/chorus thing might help.

cheironlover

Quote from: wonderarp on August 24, 2015, 02:00:02 PM
Sounds like Ace of Base, very 90´s. Maybe that´s the sound you are going for?
The mix is ok, but you need some variation. Another verse/chorus thing might help.

Thanks hun, WCWBF (1rst) was meant to sound like aob and have a strong 90's influence. ;D