• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

2 new georg_e songs

Started by georg_e, August 04, 2009, 04:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

Hi, put two new songs on   www.myspace.com/brightredsongs    (2nd and 3rd songs --"Electroerotic" and "Candybox").
    Also remixed the song some of you guys heard a couple months ago, "Summertime Crush" .  Thnxx for checking 'em out ;-)

*Sabine*

George, glad you're back here with new songs! I like Candy Box, though it's not really my style. I can hear lots of production efforts but I don't think the songs are strong enough.
Anyways, once again, I wanted to praise you for Summertime Crush. I think this song is extremely good and if it was a bit improved you could be successful with it. The more I listen to this song, the more I like it and think it has LOTS OF POTENTIAL.
It has a very good melody: the progression and structure of the verse are very good, the chorus is excellent, i'd say perfect! I just like less the pre chorus, I don't know why but it's not really working. The key is also too high for the girl, she can't reach some notes in the chorus. She sounds very good when the notes are down in the verses though. The bridge also has to be improved, maybe you can use again the melody line of the verse and modify it a bit.
Concerning the production, it's already good but I think it'd sound much metter if you tried to make it sound deeper. Maybe also some synthe in the chorus... Some other suggestions: those bells you have at the end of the chorus, put them from the beginning of the chorus, even if they're less loud. The main line "tadada" could also be added towards the end before the closure of the song: you could put together these 2 main melody lines if you added another chorus, which is quite common in pop songs. But maybe you don't want the song to be longer...
I hope you take my comments in a positive way (this is your song and you give it the direction you want), I'd really like to hear this song a bit more "polished". Don't hesitate to post it if you have a new version of the demo.
Actually I like it so much that I'd like to put it in my ipod! Congratz for writing it. You should stick to that style!

georg_e

^      ^       ^

Sabine, thanxx so much for that analysis, your ideas are all really good ones (seriously)!!   I already got a solution for the bridge, from what you said.  Pre-chorus I agree can be improved  too.   Good idea to add the bells at beginning of chorus too (I added them recently to help reinforce the vocals where she's straining on high notes).  Here's a funny thing I just noticed the other day....my song has a high vocal range (octave plus a sixth).  I noticed that the new Miley song "Party in the USA" has the same range, and the high notes (sixth interval) even come at the exact same bar in chorus ("Yeah-eh-eh-eh-eah-eh eh"), and yet she doesn't sound like she's straining. Then I realized...her song is in key of  Gb....a half step lower than mine, which is in G!  So I think lowering the key on mine would solve that prob.   I'm gonna send you a private message thru the site here to ask you some specific stuff about the song so I don't go on too long here.   ps song can be downloaded from www.sonicbids.com/georgecotten

Rebecca

well done George, I really like Electroerotic! and Candybox is quite wild!

georg_e

^     ^    ^     ^

Thnxx for listening again, Rebecca --'ppreciate it!