• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kelly Clarkson - New Album (Single: Max/Dr Luke/Claude Kelly)

Started by PG, November 11, 2008, 01:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feelgoodlies

Her album said to be called "Masquerade" and will be out on March the 17th.

I liked the title.

Alex Martin

Yes,nice title but i hope this album will be better than past.

Raul_esp

lyrics of ''My life would suck without you'':

Guess this means you're sorry
You're standing at my door
Guess this means you take back
What you said before
Like how much you wanted
Anyone but me
Said you'd never come back
But here you are again

Cuz we belong together now
Forever united here somehow
You got a piece of me
And honestly
My life would suck without you

Maybe I was stupid for telling you goodbye
Maybe I was wrong for tryin' to pick a fight
I know that I've got issues
But you're pretty messed up too
Anyway, I found out I'm nothing without you

You got a piece of me
And honestly

Being with you is so dysfunctional
I really shouldn't miss you, but I can't let go
Oh yeah

You got a piece of me
And honestly

I cant wait more for the leak!!

Alex Martin

No bad words,no lesbian lyrics.....What's these news max? ? ? :D

Scott Martin :)

Hi Guys, I havent read through all this thread, but did you see the Youtube clip of Dr Luke and (I think) Clive Davis discussing the song?

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=0bBxDnXlN3s

Anyone know where this clip is from? Id like to watch the whole thing, they cut Luke off as he is talking at the end!

Scott Martin :)

Sorry, just saw George_e's post on page 1  ;)

Iconoclasts, have to try and find the exact episode.

Edit: Its season 4, ep: 22

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iconoclasts_(Sundance_Channel)

Rebecca

yeah, it's really great to hear Clive and Dr Luke speak, I suppose the other guy was Claude Kelly. yes, annoying they cut off Dr Luke!
Let me know if you see the full interview

Raul, good to see the lyrics, but more looking forward to the music!

Feelgoodlies

A Review from Popjustice:

They said that it's similar to Since U Been Gone:

QuoteWhat's it like? Well, you cannot escape the fact that the intro is so similar to 'Since U Been Gone' you will probably think you are indeed listening to 'Since U Been Gone'. Lyrically the song does actually lend itself to thoughts of being a sort of 'Since U Been Gone Part Two' and one could, at a push, see it picking up that song's story four years on with Kelly realising that despite the earlier song's defiant howl of independence she does, in fact, want her ex back. 'My Life Would Suck Without You' is about the fella returning tail between legs ("guess this means you take back what you said before, like how much you wanted anyone but me") and a relationship starting up again and being quite jolly in spite of all the previous nonsense.

The chorus goes "we belong together now, forever united here somehow, you got a piece of me and honestly my life would suck without you". Except it's not just "my life would suck without you", it's "my life (MY LIFE!) would suck (WOULD SUCK!) without you". "I know that I've got issues but you're pretty messed up too" is another good line; we also like the middle eight bit with "being with you is so dysfunctional, I really shouldn't miss you, but I can't let you go".

It is structured like this:

1. Long intro with 'Since U Been Gone' guitary noise.

2. Vocal joins guitary nose with drumbeat.

3. Song explodes into chorus.

4. Song pulls back into second verse.

5. Chorus

6. Middle eight: everything drops out, 'Since U Been Gone' guitar noise starts up underneath vocal, drumbeats and Since U Been Gone guitar noise lead into big whooshing noise into...

7. Chorus which leads to hilarious 80s rolling synth drumfill thing (we don't know what it is but you'll know what we mean when you hear it) which leads to...

8. Final chorus, sudden end, guitar noise, 'fin'.

There is no bridge. NO BRIDGE! Production is halfway between 'Since U Been Gone' and Pink's 'So What', with some drum machines chucked in. The song is three minutes and thirty two seconds long - only two seconds away from the Optimum Pop Duration - and comes in at about 145bpm. This BPM means that nightclub rotation will inspire more in the way of hands in the air/pointing/shouting than proper dancing. The song is better than anything Kelly did before 'Since U Been Gone' and it's also better than anything she's done since 'Since U Been Gone', so it should keep people happy. It is a pop song.

Raul_esp

great if it is similar to since you been gone , but I hope the melodies are different in the chorus .

Alex Martin

Raul_esp

Quote from: Alex Martin on January 06, 2009, 05:13:23 PM
Ok,i understood max,another copy and paste :D

it isnt new , max always did it but it no is bad , he said he did it because he is lazy  ;D , is not possible make up new stiles every time he makes a song , max did it in the cheiron stuff , he made much songs with the same sound but I Love all the songs . besides it is  a join between so what and since you been gone the two stiles of rock of max .

I hope only other great catchy pop rock song  ;D

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: Alex Martin on January 06, 2009, 05:13:23 PM
Ok,i understood max,another copy and paste :D
This proves my point, I was kinda sure of that! Oh and the album said to be called All I Ever Wanted.

nshinnosuke

no bridge???
but I'm excited to hear the chorus and I need a leak !!  :D

Raul_esp