• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Dr. luke Comeback

Started by david, October 27, 2020, 12:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david

What do you guys think about the dr. luke comeback?

het got a number one this year with say so and is like they (industry) are hearing his side of the story now

Couple weeks ago Avril lavigne followed him on instagram but people start to get mad and then she unfollowed him

https://twitter.com/support4avril/status/1314279223318765568

melodicmoonlight

I think it's great. He deserves success because he's incredibly talented.

There's no reason why he shouldn't be able to work again based on allegations which, as each year passes, are fading in the public eye. The fact that the lawsuit went above its intent to "seek justice" and became a defamation and slander parade is what rubbed me the wrong way. It's one thing to take it to court but to ruin this man's life and for fans like Avril's to call for her to not follow him on social media... it's craziness. If Chris Brown physically BEAT Rihanna and we saw VISUAL PROOF of that, and he still has his career and has released tons of music, why can't a behind-the-scenes producer do the same? Especially since, in Luke's case, all the claims against him were never found to be true. Not to mention, Kesha has moved on. So why are there still ripple effects of fans and people being so dead set against him? Time to give that up.

All in all, I've been a huge fan of Luke's since 2007 and I really think he sticks out from all the rest as a gifted pop producer/song crafter. I'm excited to hear what's next from him and who he's been working with lately, aside from Kim Petras. I personally think Avril should team up with him again. She's got nothing to lose- her career is in the toilet anyway. But I think he's sticking with up and coming talent like Doja, who we saw explode this past year.

<3

Snipes3000

It's one of the faults in our contemporary society to pretend like he was found guilty of committing a crime. Just like racism it is something we should speak out against if it happens in our midst. Because obviously still thinking that luke gave kesha a roofie is irrational as there is no solid proof and there were more reasons for kesha to lie than not to lie considering her contract/money issues.

Enjoy the video he posted on his insta and don't forget to press follow and like :P
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

nanofives

j.fco.morales

Shall we separate the artist from its craft?

nanofives

Should we? In the end knowing the artist is a key point when it comes to how someone develops their craft. Luke is what it is because of his background and the people he collaborated with during all these years. I think I'd just rather ignore the whole lawsuit thing and move on.

Snipes3000

Yes forget about all that kesha stuff and let's just talk about his music.

Here is a documentary where you see Luke getting peppersprayed by Avril Lavigne. And you actually see him playing guitar in the studio and working on his trademark drums. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY2Rh-sxs5c&t=988s&ab_channel=AvrilLavigneIsMyDrug
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

backgammonfiend

you love to see it . they kept big homie down for too long despite all the evidence including kesha's 2011 deposition saying he was innocent

maybe this taught him not to overexert himself on contracts going forward, doja seems to be going places and already survived multiple 'cancellation' attempts. i will say his beats don't seem to be as expansive as they were before the lawsuit he seems to be frequently reliant on vocals to carry the song, which is why cirkut is currently ahead of him right now

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: backgammonfiend on October 28, 2020, 10:35:37 PM
you love to see it . they kept big homie down for too long despite all the evidence including kesha's 2011 deposition saying he was innocent

maybe this taught him not to overexert himself on contracts going forward, doja seems to be going places and already survived multiple 'cancellation' attempts. i will say his beats don't seem to be as expansive as they were before the lawsuit he seems to be frequently reliant on vocals to carry the song, which is why cirkut is currently ahead of him right now

Meh. Cirkut's solo production is good but a little lackluster compared to his joint productions with Luke. The Ava Max project is great, but like I said, is missing that undeniable Luke shine and precision.

j.fco.morales

Why Cirkut and Luke are not working together anymore?

Snipes3000

Cirkut had a contract at prescription song which expired. He probably has more potential to make bigger money without that contract, since Luke is known for signing people with not a royal amount of pay out. Ask Bonnie Mcphee, who spoke about it on Ross' podcast. Cirkut mentions the expired contract in an interview and says that he has no issues with Luke.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Snipes3000 on October 30, 2020, 01:15:32 AM
Cirkut had a contract at prescription song which expired. He probably has more potential to make bigger money without that contract, since Luke is known for signing people with not a royal amount of pay out. Ask Bonnie Mcphee, who spoke about it on Ross' podcast. Cirkut mentions the expired contract in an interview and says that he has no issues with Luke.

I'll check that out!

bugmenot

Love that Avril did an attempt. At least she tried.

Also, love that Luke and Avril connect now, I remember discovered this forum ten years ago searching "Why Avril and Dr Luke don't work together anymore"

nanofives

It's a phase for most artists, not everyone collaborates with the same people over and over, we've got exceptions like P!nk, but even Ariana after 6 years of continuous collaboration with Max it came to an end (for now) this year with her latest album.
It's also a phase for Avril to collaborate with people whom she didn't collaborate in a long time, hence Lauren Christy from The Matrix on her latest album. I don't know if Avril suits Luke's 2020 sound with her image but she did that collaboration with Nicki Minaj that was out of place and... well... Hello Kitty.
Anything could happen really.

Snipes3000

Yes and it was also a phase where Luke started signing artists and he prefers working with his own artists than others he said in an interview.