• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Dr. Luke Sample Pack (not the leaked one)

Started by poplabaudio, September 21, 2023, 07:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplabaudio

Hey guys, I have been diving in Lukes Productions a lot lately and started recreating the Drums from a lot of his top songs (Katy Perry, Becky G, Jlo etc.)

Unlike the leaked Dr. Luke Drum Kit which is basically a collection really raw sounding Samples from 90s Sample CDs and AKAI Factory Library, the pack I created has some pretty mix-ready sounds. I found some sounds inside the leaked Pack that he actually used (such as the Cowbell from TGIF) but other than that you need some pretty advanced layering and processing skills to get them sound like they do in his productions.

So I created a pack that gives you sounds that are more production ready!

Here is a link to the Pack
https://poplabaudio.com/doctor-drums/

If you have any question how I made it, don't hesitate to ask :)

Snipes3000

How did you make it? I read that you used layering. Did you use compression, eq and such processing tools?
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

poplabaudio

Pretty much on any of the oneshots I have endless FX-Chains combining different processing plugins (distortion, saturation, clipping, eq, gated reverbs etc.)

I barely synthesized any of the Drums, most of it comes from searching through my sample vault (mostly 90s sample CDs and Drum Machines) for samples that have a similar tonality as the original Drums, then using parts of that and stacking them together. The Break A Sweat Snare for example had 10 layers. ROAR and BAS were definitely the most difficult ones to make.

Before I started recreating the Drums I always searched for the stems and if they are not available I used AI sepearted stems, they often reveal some details you won't hear in a full mix.

I also used a the Match EQ feature from FabFilter Pro Q3 a few times, but this only works when using the stems as reference and its always only an indication what you need to do to match the frequency spectrum more accurately.