• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

MAROON 5 and MAX - album OVEREXPOSED single PAYPHONE (Max Martin, Shellback)

Started by Alex Martin, March 26, 2012, 06:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

What a clever melody!

One more night is already out

Full listening also here

http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player/maroon5.html

Quote"Jagger," co-written by hitmakers Benny Blanco and Shellback, was Maroon 5's first experience with outside writers. When they returned to the studio last fall, they brought back Blanco and Shellback and hired dance-pop king Max Martin, the man behind hits by Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson and Katy Perry, as Overexposed's executive producer. "Sometimes a co-writer will write something that's almost better than what you would do, and it's like, 'Shit!'" says Levine. Adds Valentine, "Up to now, we've been insulated from the pop-industrial complex. We've been like, 'Fuck you, we're a band.' But now, stepping into this new world of songwriters and producers, it feels fun."

The result is Maroon 5's most dance-driven album ever, with standout tracks including the pounding house cut "Payphone," featuring an irresistible Wiz Khalifa verse, and the sexy reggae jam "One More Night." At Conway Studios, Levine grooves as the track winds down. "In a way, we've had a rebirth," he says. "It's been 10 years since we started the band, when nobody knew what the hell to do with five white guys trying to sing soul music.

"Now, we thought we should see where this goes – why not? We can't keep doing the same thing forever. At this point, we want to be a little bit scared."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/maroon-5-aim-for-dance-floor-domination-on-new-lp-20120507#ixzz1yFCKs0F6
And I liked it..

Alex Martin

turnaround

And I liked it..

Raul_esp

All the songs leaked are amazing , Specially the Max songs , the album will be perfect.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: Alex Martin on June 19, 2012, 02:45:36 PM
THE MAN WHO NEVER LIED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZGSDi_vpLM
This is actually my favourite, but would've worked better with someone who can actually sing better than Adam.

Raul_esp

OMG , ''Daylight'' is amazing , reminds me to ''The one that got away''.

turnaround

And I liked it..

Joshua

Quote from: turnaround on June 20, 2012, 09:52:37 AM
Album of the year anyone? Grammy?

I wish! I'll be surprised if it even gets a look in at the Grammys.

EDIT: Hang on, I just looked at last years album nominations and it was way more pop than I realised, so there is hope after all. I figured it either had to be country, folk or rap. ::)

turnaround

Shellback and Max involved that way in the album:

Shellback:    Bass, Composer, Drums, Engineer, Guitar, Guitar (Acoustic), Keyboards, Producer, Programming, Vocals (Background)

Max Martin: Composer, Engineer, Executive Producer, Guitar, Keyboards, Producer, Programming, Vocals

Love it when Max sings background vocals on songs. Recently he also sang the background vocals on Usher's "Scream". So when it's on the radio we can hear Max.  8)
And I liked it..

Joshua

I hope some of the Maroon guys aren't feeling redundant on this record, all the drum programming and producers playing on tracks. ;D

Raul_esp

I love the melody of ''The man who never lied'' , Amazing song!

turnaround

One More Night      Adam Levine, Shellback, Savan Kotecha & Max Martin   
Payphone (feat. Wiz Khalifa)      Adam Levine, Shellback, Benjamin Levin, Ammar Malik, Dan Omelio & Cameron Thomaz   
Daylight      Adam Levine, Samm, Mason Levy & Max Martin   
Lucky Strike      Adam Levine, Ryan Tedder & Noel Zancanella   
The Man Who Never Lied      Adam Levine, Brian West & Marius Moba   
Love Somebody      Adam Levine, Ryan Tedder, Noel Zancanella & Nathaniel Motte   
Ladykiller      James Valentine, Mickey Madden & Adam Levine   
Fortune Teller      James Valentine, Mickey Madden & Adam Levine   
Sad      James Valentine & Adam Levine   
Tickets      James Valentine, Mickey Madden & Adam Levine   
Doin' Dirt      Adam Levine & Shellback   
Beautiful Goodbye      Adam Levine, Benjamin Levin & Ammar Malik   
Wipe Your Eyes      Adam Levine, Jonathan Rotem, Ross Golan & Sanjeet Singh Kang   
Wasted Years      Adam Levine & Richard Penniman   
Kiss      Prince   
Moves Like Jagger (feat. Christina Aguilera) [Studio Recording from The Voice Performance]      Adam Levine, Benjamin Levin, Ammar Malik & Shellback   
And I liked it..

Joshua

??? Ok, so his partner leaves him while he's out boxing, the end. Am I missing something?