• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Backstreet Boys new album

Started by Rebecca, March 04, 2007, 11:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Martin

Oh my God,on wikipedia nick said the 3 single will be Everything But Mine..... :'(

Rebecca

I can't believe they're already talking about 3rd single - maybe they know Helpless When She Smiles won't do well so better release another one.
I'm listening to Everything But Mine - I really like it, may be an odd choice for a single though.

Unexpected

Quote from: Alex Martin on December 22, 2007, 10:45:01 PM
Oh my God,on wikipedia nick said the 3 single will be Everything But Mine..... :'(

I hope this is true , One of my fave song on the album

Out

Yep, one of my favorites too, but I'd prefer Any Other Way to be next.
Any Other Way and In Pieces - my most favorites. Seems like album feels not so good by its sales. Choice for the second single sounded for me like a joke. You know, I think the album is really good, loads of nice and catchy tunes, but actually I can't imagine which song can be strong single.

ahmed

Quote from: Out on December 28, 2007, 10:43:08 PM
Seems like album feels not so good by its sales.

the album is good but.......it was obvious that this album will not sell good,cuz there is no demand on the music they did on that album, there are even people laughed and said they still doing kids and teen music.

Rebecca

true BSB are not singing songs that are in todays style, which I'm happy about.
I'm surprised people have said that they are still doing teen music. The music seems more Adult Contemporary.

Yeah, there is really no song that could be a strong single. Second choice of single is a mistake.

ahmed

Quote from: Rebecca on December 30, 2007, 07:25:05 AM
true BSB are not singing songs that are in todays style, which I'm happy about.
I'm surprised people have said that they are still doing teen music. The music seems more Adult Contemporary.

Yeah, there is really no song that could be a strong single. Second choice of single is a mistake.

yeah Rebecca,its a good thing about BSB that they r not singing in today style....

speaking of that...there are some people think that the pop music which max used to do is teen oriented.....i DON'T agree with that...the pop music especially max music were good and unique and had good lyrics too , better than lyrics in other genres.....
i don't know why people think that?!!

Rebecca

Yeah, I agree Ahmed. even Max's with most poppiest songs there is still something clever about them not just silly songs for kids. People like to make fun of Backstreet Boys!

Alex Martin

Never Gone sold 11 Milions copy with Max like producer.

Unbreakable sold 1,5 milions copy.

Big difference.

Rebecca

Where did you get your sales figures Alex?

I actually thought Never Gone sold a lot less than that, but it's pretty good if it was 11million

Yeah, Unbreakable has not been doing well, that's for sure. I love it but it's not as good as Never Gone.

Alex Martin

[edit] Studio albums
Album Information U.S. U.K.
Backstreet Boys First International album.
Released: May 6, 1995
Worldwide Sales: 11 million+[1]
released in April 1996
Highest Chart Position: -
Chart Run: -
Certification: -
Highest Chart Position: #12
Chart Run: 19 weeks
Certification: Gold

Backstreet Boys First US album
Released: August 12, 1997
Worldwide Sales : Note1
Highest Chart Position: #4
Chart Run: 133 weeks
Certification: 14x Platinum

Backstreet's Back Second International album.
Released: August 30, 1997 (International)
Worldwide Sales: 28 million+[2]
Highest Chart Position: #2
Chart Run: 44 weeks
Certification: 4x Platinum

Millennium Second US album and Third International album.
Released: May 18, 1999
Worldwide Sales: 40 million+[3]
Highest Chart Position: #1 (10 weeks)
Chart Run: 93 weeks
Certification: 13x Platinum
Highest Chart Position: #2
Chart Run: 56 weeks
Certification: Platinum

Black & Blue Third US album and Fourth International album.
Released: November 21, 2000
Worldwide Sales: 14 million
Highest Chart Position: #1 (2 weeks)
Chart Run: 42 weeks
Certification: 5x Platinum
Highest Chart Position: #13
Chart Run: 9 weeks

Never Gone Fourth US album and Fifth International album.
Released: June 14, 2005
Worldwide Sales: 10 million+[4]
Highest Chart Position: #3
Chart Run: 14 weeks
Certification: Platinum
Highest Chart Position: #11
Chart Run: 5 weeks

Unbreakable Fifth US album and Sixth International album.
Released: October 30, 2007
Worldwide sales: 1.4 million+[5]
Highest Chart Position: #7
Chart Run: 5 weeks
Highest Chart Position: #21
Chart Run: 2 weeks

IT TAKES FROM WIKIPEDIA (Discography Backstreet Boys)

Rebecca

oh wow, thanks Alex

11million is fantastic for Never Gone

and 1.5 million is still okay for Unbreakable.

They're never going to go back to their Millennium days of selling 28 million!

Unexpected

look guys I'm not a fan of numbers that much , but 11 million for never gone is no way , the album was kind of flop , it only sold 1.5 million in the US , so from where the other 9.5 million came from???

Alex Martin

*Sabine*

Recently, there had been a rumour that Jive would drop the BSB due to their disappointing sales. I actually think ther's is a problem now with the BSB. Their songs don't fit enough the public's expectations and the choice of singles is poor. "Any other way" is a very strong song and should have been the 2nd single IMO! By the way, the second main problem is due to the loss of one member...Now their voices don't blend as well as before. If you listen closely to their songs, you can hear the difference! :( .....and if we consider our beloved Cheiron producers used to sing in their songs too during the chorus. You can say what you want, but Max's voice sounded GREAT in a chorus, espiically when it was mixed with Nana Hedin's.. I'm thinking about Britney's songs. Even if Britney's voice was "mundane", the whole vocals sounded just WOW! Max knew where he wanted the song to go and they spent hours in the studio trying to add rheir own vocals here and there to make it sound perfect....