• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Benny Blanco article in "Sound-on-Sound"

Started by georg_e, December 30, 2012, 08:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

A.R.T.

Raul_esp

Rebecca

turnaround

Interesting article about Jamie Scott where also Benny Blanco is mentioned:

QuoteHe says almost all of his songs are written with the artists that will record it, but in the case of Cold Water it sat collecting dust for months before they were approached to have Major Lazer, Justin Bieber and MØ record it. It was written by chance when he was in New York with American producer Benny Blanco, who invited Ed Sheeran to the studio.

"It was really hot and his air conditioning wasn't working," he says. "We were there sweating. Ed came and we had a bit of food and he suggested we try and write something. He came up with these chords and we wrote this song called Cold Water," he says. "I think there was another artist that we had in mind to write it for but we just ended up writing it anyway. A year later I got a call from my manager saying that [producer] Diplo had heard it and loved it and they maybe wanted to get Justin Bieber on it."

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/sep/23/jamie-scott-song-writing-adele-justin-bieber?CMP=share_btn_tw
And I liked it..

Polarmachine

Benny has produced a lot on the album Farewell Starlite by Francis and the lights.

I don't really like the vocals a lot, but I focus on the music and it's quite cool.

Also: He has produced the latest Maroon 5 single which will be out in a couple of hours. Don't Wanna Know ft Kendrick Lamar.

Co written by

BEN-ABDALLAH ALEXANDER ANTHONY
HINDLIN JACOB KASHER
LEVINE ADAM NOAH
MALIK AMMAR
MCKENZIE KURTIS ISAAC
MILLS JONATHAN
RYAN JOHN HENRY

onepass

I literally just read another article where Ed Sheeran said he wrote it. He didn't remember writing it, someone else had to remind him that he wrote it. It sounds like a song Justin Bieber could have done years ago. It sounds good but I doubt ed sheeran wrote it.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: Polarmachine on October 11, 2016, 08:24:35 PM
Benny has produced a lot on the album Farewell Starlite by Francis and the lights.

I don't really like the vocals a lot, but I focus on the music and it's quite cool.

Also: He has produced the latest Maroon 5 single which will be out in a couple of hours. Don't Wanna Know ft Kendrick Lamar.

Co written by

BEN-ABDALLAH ALEXANDER ANTHONY
HINDLIN JACOB KASHER
LEVINE ADAM NOAH
MALIK AMMAR
MCKENZIE KURTIS ISAAC
MILLS JONATHAN
RYAN JOHN HENRY

Does anyone have the full credits of the Farewell Starlite album? Im liking some of what I hear, production wise

j.fco.morales

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on February 06, 2017, 05:24:20 AM
Does anyone have the full credits of the Farewell Starlite album? Im liking some of what I hear, production wise

I'm surprised about you guys listening to Francis!

j.fco.morales

The new single by Halsey was co written and co produced by Benny along Cashmere Cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzQTc0-iBX8

Written by Ashley Frangipane, Benjamin Levin, Magnus August Hoiberg and Nathan Perez; produced by Benny Blanco and Cashmere Cat

melodicmoonlight

when i listened to it yesterday i never would've guessed it was a Benny/Cashmere Cat production. doesn't scream HIT to me.

melodicmoonlight

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlD0iRhHLwK/?taken-by=itsbennyblanco

His first single as an artist - "Eastside" featuring Halsey and Khalid out this Friday

turnaround

It's out

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/0d2iYfpKoM0QCKvcLCkBao?si=wzbl6cBmQ-GWKgzLZ3PWqQ[/spotify]

Written by: Levin, Sheeran, Halsey, Khalid, Nathan Perez
Produced by: Blanco, Cashmere Cat, Watt
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

Since Benny started to work with Magnus he improved his sound SO MUCH.