• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Denniz / Max interview

Started by Izalightblue, March 22, 2010, 12:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izalightblue

Hey, guys! Checking some topics on gearslutz.com, I've found this from sk106, one of the members:

When Denniz Pop died in 1998, a swedish state radio reporter put together a radio program consisting of a number of recent interviews with Denniz and Max Martin, and broadcast it as a memorial thing. There was some music business discussion in there. I recorded that radio program, still have it. It's all in Swedish, so if you want it and you understand swedish, just PM. I don't think there are any bigger licencing problems with that.

However, I had some time to waste, so I actually translated the core part of these interviews - the parts covering concepts and the music/production business. The parts I didn't translate is about the family man Denniz Pop, reflections on childhood, coming of age, his falling ill, and social life in general. I know we all respect that anyway.

Hope it can be of some inspiration and amusement.

http://hem.bredband.net/kjearn/Max%2...0Interview.rtf

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/49113-max-martin-8.html

Amazing interview, also Denniz and Max seemed to have a lot of fun talking about the whole music process.! :D I couldn't stop laughing reading about Max with Michael Jackson in the studio!Funny! ;D 

Enjoy!

Rebecca

wow!!!!! that is the best interview I've ever read with Max and so nice to read what Denniz had to say. They both sound like they are so funny. Very interesting!

Thanks Izabella, I sometimes check out that forum but hadn't for ages.

klukan

Thank you,
but the first link doesn't work for me  :(

andrea

"Denniz: Right

Martin: If you listen to .. especially the up-tempo songs we've made, it always starts with something that identifies the song right away. Britney's "Oops, I did it again" for example starts with that hard piano thing "Da-Da-Da", and you immediately know what it is. Either you change channels on the radio [makes tongue in cheek voice] instantly!! [normal voice] or you raise the volume up. You won't have to wait until the main chorus to know for certain it's Britney. That's kind of the thought behind it.
"

uhm... Wasn't Denniz already dead when max wrote Ooops??

klukan

aah sorry, you just have to right-click and save

klukan

Incredible interview.
Thanks Iza

Izalightblue

Oh, you're welcome, guys! I got very happy reading the interview, I bet you guys did too!

About Oops, I thought the same thing,  but since the  interview is a compilation of various interviews, probably that was said after 1998, because as far as I know, Max wrote Oops in 1999.

Raul_esp

omg!!! the interview is amazing! , thanks so much Izalightblue , i enyoyed it much.

Raul_esp

Quote from: Izalightblue on March 22, 2010, 01:50:36 PM
Oh, you're welcome, guys! I got very happy reading the interview, I bet you guys did too!

About Oops, I thought the same thing,  but since the  interview is a compilation of various interviews, probably that was said after 1998, because as far as I know, Max wrote Oops in 1999.

i think max means ''baby one more time'' , the ''dadada'' thing is of ''baby one more time''.

Izalightblue

i think max means ''baby one more time'' , the ''dadada'' thing is of ''baby one more time''.

You're probably right, Raul! I also thought of that reading the interview, but it said Oops...

*Sabine*

Great, thanks A LOT for finding it. I'll read and comment on it later when I have more time. By the wzy, this link works fine for me: http://hem.bredband.net/kjearn/Max%20Martin%20and%20Dennis%20Pop%20Interview.rtf

Linda

Izalightblue

Quote from: *Sabine* on March 23, 2010, 04:39:50 PM
Great, thanks A LOT for finding it. I'll read and comment on it later when I have more time. By the wzy, this link works fine for me: http://hem.bredband.net/kjearn/Max%20Martin%20and%20Dennis%20Pop%20Interview.rtf
Quote from: Linda on March 23, 2010, 09:33:18 PM
Omg - You are a star!!!!!

I get very happy you're all so happy with this interview! It's really amazing, indeed! ;D

Strumpan

Fantastic work translating that interwiew, but as some of you have pointed out, the reference to Britney is wrong. Max's exakt words i swedish are: "Typ som Dr Alban-grejen, ta-ta-ta, ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta, du vet, man hajjar ju direkt vad det är för något, det är sällan man behöver vänta till refrängen för att fatta att det är Dr Alban." Which can be translated as: "Like the Dr Alban-thing, ta-ta-ta,-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta, you know, you instantly get what it is, you rarely have to whait until the chourus to get that it is Dr Alban." The melody he is imitating is Dr Alban's No Coke.

The interwiew was made for radio and was broadcasted for the first time during the summer of 1998.

By the way, has anybody translated the radio documentary "Cheiron, a pop saga"?

Linda

Quote from: Strumpan on March 30, 2010, 02:10:06 PM
By the way, has anybody translated the radio documentary "Cheiron, a pop saga"?

No, But I think I would just DIE of happiness if someone did.... lol