• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Surreal Dr. Luke interview :)

Started by georg_e, May 09, 2012, 05:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

georg_e

Definitely the most surreal interview you'll ever see with Dr. Luke, lol!!! :-)   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbSfStvA9IY

JackSnr

oh the awkwardness. its always nice to see luke on camera but I agree with the comment, you had dr luke in a room for five mins and you asked him what colour his aura was... ?

on another note, here is an, errr, interesting bit from an interview with bob about dr luke -  sounds like there was a little bitterness there haha

AP: Dr. Luke produced four songs on "Strange Clouds." What was it like working with him since he's best known for his hits with Katy Perry and Ke$ha?

B.o.B: Working with Dr. Luke is good, but sometimes you may run into disagreements, certain things that may rub an artist a certain way. For example, when I recorded "Both of Us" (featuring Taylor Swift), I recorded my vocals on the hook, but when it was time to turn the masters in, he snatched my vocals right when it was time to turn in the masters. And so, as an artist it kind of makes you feel like, "I guess it's his song." I don't know. He's a talented dude, but sometimes when you work with a producer, sometimes their ego may get in the way into really making it a completely mutual project.

Rebecca

wow, that Dr Luke interview is pretty random! quite funny really, I enjoyed it.

Here's another good one with Rick Rubin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQM6opy7Yaw&feature=relmfu

The interviewer must tell them to answer in almost one word answers.

Jack, that is interesting re B.oB's comment, though maybe not surprising, as a producer I suppose they have the final say on everything and change things all the time.

georg_e

^     ^     ^

Watched the Rick Rubin one too, Rebecca........it really is funny the way he just goes on to the next question, no reactions at all to the answers, lol :-)    (Kinda scared to watch the Quincy Jones one, hehe)

Joshua

Woah, that was hard to watch. As for B.o.B... working with guys like Luke or Max is always going to result in the producer wanting a fair amount of control, they are pretty much artists themselves who don't want to put anything out unless they're completely happy with it.

davegeenz

Wow yeh that is seriously embarrassing!  Worse than cringe-worthy, Dr Luke must have wanted to just run out of there screaming.  Hope it doesn't stop him agreeing to do other 'web channel' and cable tv interviews in the future after that bad experience.  It showed the guy had made no effort to look into Dr Luke's background to ask interesting and relevant questions.