• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Becky G - Play It Again (Dr. Luke production,co-written by Max Martin)

Started by gm33, December 04, 2012, 05:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_A24

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on October 18, 2014, 06:38:38 AM
A.C.? thought the third was Rock City

Nop, Rock city came up with the melodies, but production definitely was from A.C, Luke and Cirkut.

A.C ‏@AleeexAC  6h6 hours ago
Becky G's new single ! Can't stop dancin' !!!! Produced by Me , Dr.Luke , and Cirkut !!!!

j.fco.morales

I didn't like it: sounds like '99 or an Enrique Iglesias joint.

georg_e

Extremely beautiful, no doubt about it.....love the guitar part, her singing is really good and the melody is touching... I like how the song hangs on the V chord before last chorus......."Roar-esque" :)   Also the way she phrases that last line just before the 2nd chorus is magic "push up on my" (?)  don't even know what she's singing, but it's incredible lift into that chorus......

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: georg_e on October 21, 2014, 12:02:53 AM
             Extremely beautiful, no doubt about it.....love the guitar part, her singing is really good and the melody is touching... I like how the song hangs on the V chord before last chorus......."Roar-esque" :)   Also the way she phrases that last line just before the 2nd chorus is magic "push up on my" (?)  don't even know what she's singing, but it's incredible lift into that chorus......

absolutely. pick up on this every time i listen to the song. i wonder if that was her choice or if Luke or a producer told her to sing it like that... it really furthers the mystical quality of the song... like, listen to what i'm about to say, i'm going to draw you in until the very last second and blow your mind with this chorus. it's sensual, a tease. the chorus won't allow her to finish what she's singing. push up on my... is suggestive. which creates tension in the song. so awesome

georg_e

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on October 22, 2014, 05:04:56 AM
absolutely. pick up on this every time i listen to the song. i wonder if that was her choice or if Luke or a producer told her to sing it like that... it really furthers the mystical quality of the song... like, listen to what i'm about to say, i'm going to draw you in until the very last second and blow your mind with this chorus. it's sensual, a tease. the chorus won't allow her to finish what she's singing. push up on my... is suggestive. which creates tension in the song. so awesome
So nice that you heard that too :-)   Myself -- I don't thing you can plan out that kind of thing......it's like a feeling that just ...ahhhhhh!! it just happens, like magic. But luckily someone heard it and KNEW they'd hit gold!!! I know I would've fought tooth and nail to keep that in ;-)

EDIT: Re-listened and I think I might be wrong.......the way she sings that line is extremely Jamaican/Caribbean style, and Rock City are from the Caribbean (Virgin Islands), so  maybe they sang it that way on the demo, or had her sing it that way.....

Rebecca

Can't Stop Dancing is great, I like that she's singing and not rapping on this.

George, you are right, she does sounds like she's singing in a Jamaican style.

j.fco.morales

turnaround

And I liked it..

turnaround

"Shower" will be released as a 2-track. And it includes the instrumental!
And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: turnaround on October 30, 2014, 09:05:52 PM
Is there a HQ link?

comes out next Tuesday, 11/4 on iTunes

Quote from: turnaround on November 01, 2014, 12:10:56 AM
"Shower" will be released as a 2-track. And it includes the instrumental!

sweet! do you know when? would love to hear the instrumental/filter out an acapella

turnaround

And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

Can't Stop Dancin' is on iTunes...sounds even better in full quality. such a rhythmic, flowing production. put me in a trance all over again. the guitar definitely has a sad, reflective vibe in the verses. one of my favorite songs lately.

j.fco.morales