• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Guess the tune

Started by ar10003, January 04, 2008, 07:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ar10003

Been studying some scales and harmonies lately and came across a Mediaeval chord sequence called a Folia. Its a series of chords over which melodies used to be played, a bit like a 12 bar blues scheme today.

Click the play button and see if you recognize which Cherion song used this as its foundation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folia

Rebecca

cool, very interesting.

I'm sure it's amazingly obvious to everyone and I should be really embarrassed but I really don't know.

Anyone??

malcolm hogg

Gotta be hit me baby one more time..........or bye bye bye............or how will i know............or quite a few more??!!!?
A childrens song, have you listened as they play? There song is love, and the children know the way!  B.Wilson/V.D. Parks. Brian Wilson presents Smile.

Prime

should be oops i did it again, altough they used quite often similar chord progressions. especially the Cm to G change occures in several songs

Alex Martin

MMMMMMMM......Church Music.

turnaround

This is fun, but I disappoint, sounds familiar but I don't know it.

And I liked it..

ahmed

''Baby one more time'', especially the first of this chord sounds like the verses and bridges.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: Alex Martin on January 04, 2008, 11:41:36 AM
MMMMMMMM......Church Music.
Yeah..it sounds nothing like cheiron sorry....it's a wedding ceremony tune :)

ar10003

It was the basis for Hit me baby one more time!

Its not as obvious as it could be and its lacking in the drum machine / gospel choir / synths department :) but its all there. And as some of you noted its the basis of many Cherion songs - predominantly a minor key in the verse which gives it that melancholy feeling (like much church music) and jumps to relative major - this is what Cherion did so well was go into this uplifting space by jumping to the relative major. Herers some more deconstruction about Oops (about half way down)

http://blogs.oreilly.com/digitalmedia/2006/03/post.html

ahmed

very nice  :) thanks

it shows the value of  ''Baby one more time''  and  ''Oops i did it again'' and the hard and good work in these songs.

Feelgoodlies

TBH I never thought being a producer is as hard and complicated as this!!

This actually shows how hard they work to come up with a decent "Swedish pop song" and the word Swedish here means only the Swedish producers managed to combine these I don't know what to call (instruments)maybe together and make their own world of POP music which is easily called and known among people as "Swedish Pop".

Max deserves the sucess he had actually and Cheiron crew as well!!

Rebecca

wow, that is a very interesting read! thanks

ahmed

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on January 04, 2008, 11:09:19 PM
TBH I never thought being a producer is as hard and complicated as this!!

This actually shows how hard they work to come up with a decent "Swedish pop song" and the word Swedish here means only the Swedish producers managed to combine these I don't know what to call (instruments)maybe together and make their own world of POP music which is easily called and known among people as "Swedish Pop".

Max deserves the sucess he had actually and Cheiron crew as well!!

i agree with u, the songs mixed the fast dance beat with good melody and good instrumentals which u can't find anywhere else , i hate when people try to reduce the value of max's pop and say its teen oriented.