• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ellie Goulding - "On My Mind" (Max Martin) (from album "Delirium")

Started by turnaround, September 17, 2015, 10:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polarmachine

I really like this song!  :D :D

Lost and found was lame but this is a great song. However I prefer the Abbey road version which proves the production lacks quality imo.

georg_e

Quote from: Polarmachine on November 02, 2015, 10:11:41 PM
I really like this song!  :D :D

Lost and found was lame but this is a great song. However I prefer the Abbey road version which proves the production lacks quality imo.
Well, the Abbey Road version is exquisite, no doubt about it-- the resonance in her voice on those "yeah -eh-eh -eahs" in particular. But I like the production on the other one too, especially for the sheer power when it really kicks into high gear :-)

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Feelgoodlies on November 02, 2015, 06:15:15 PM
Another oh-not-so-good singer Max is collaborating with! I'm willing to give her songs a listen once the album is out because there is a couple of Max and RedOne songs but that's all.

Are you kidding, right?
She's an amazing singer, full control over her voice, lots of control over the melismas, a nice range.
Don't let her tone fool you. Seems like she's nothing special, but her voice is a position.. and have control over a non natural voice requires a lot of work.

I wonder if Taylor was the one who suggested Ellie about working with Max...

melodicmoonlight

Don't Need No-bo-dy is out.

the chorus with the stomping beat reminds me of The Weeknd. yet the verses are giving me classic early 2000s Cheiron melody.

Feelgoodlies

Quote from: j.fco.morales on November 03, 2015, 04:33:26 AM
Are you kidding, right?
She's an amazing singer, full control over her voice, lots of control over the melismas, a nice range.

If that's what you hear and see as being amazing then we should agree to disagree.

Max has always been working with vocally mediocre singers, it's like he intentionally chooses them to go with the type of his music.

Christina Aguilera and Leona were probably his best, but then I guess they went to him for hits not that they were his type. I was going to say Demi but unfortunately he turned her into Katy in his songs to the extent where she lost her amazing range.

AlexanderLaBrea

What? I mean if you don't see Ellie as a "good singer", then obviously most of the singers he's worked with can be regarded as mediocre. Allthough, I mean, from a purely objective point of view - you're wrong. Ellie has a weird tone in her voice that may be pleasing to some and irritating to some, put as far as vocal technique, range and so forth, yeah, she's pretty amazing.

Looking at Max's career, he's been working mostly with great singers. Counting the mediocre ones can be done on one hand... Britney obviously, Vanessa Hudgens, Miranda Cosgrove may not be the strongest singer, Becky G.

Out of the Top 40-type vocalists during the 2000's that have been noted for their amazing vocal abilities, Max have worked with pretty much most of them (a lot at least) except maybe Mariah Carey.

j.fco.morales

Well, Britney may not be the strongest voice but she's not about her vocals.

And Ellie, she's amazing. Love her tone and the acrobatics.

Don't Need Nobody premiered on Beats 1.
Written by Ellie Goulding, Savan Kotecha, Peter Svensson, Ludvig Söderberg, Jakob Jerlström & Max Martin.

Linda

Quote from: melodicmoonlight on November 03, 2015, 07:50:41 PM
Don't Need No-bo-dy is out.

HOLY MOSES!  :o
That's a link to an illegal download!  :o  :o  :o

How could you do that? Now the forum owner will have to spend the rest of his life in a dark, musty prison cell with no food or water!!  ::)

turnaround

Thanks - I really had to edit that out. Soon the album is out - New Zealand first ;)
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

bugmenot

turnaround

@bugmenot: She is Max' daughter?

Edit:
She is.

ARMY

Backing Vocals: Savan Kotecha, Max Martin, Doris Sandberg, Cory Bice, Ali Payami, Sam Holland, Jenny Schwartz, Peter Carlsson, Silke Lorenzen, Rickard Goransson
Vocals recorded at Studio at The Palms, Las Vegas, NV http://www.palms.com/music-venues/recording-studio

I completely forgot she did the vocals to

"Du gamla du fria". .... Det ska tydligen vara Doris Sandberg, dotter till Martin Sandberg (Max Martin).

Quotehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_(Ellie_Goulding_album)
Kristian Lundin co-produced "Lost and Found" and did the vocal production.

Nice credits in "Don't Need Nobody"

Backing Vocals: Peter Svensson. Gang vocals by the Wolf Cousin Royal Choir
And I liked it..

Feelgoodlies

Glad to see Kristian was involved with Max. "Lost and Found" is the best track out of the Max and the others bunch.

turnaround

Max can be heard in the backing vocals of "Devotion"
In the end you can hear him quite clearly.
And I liked it..