• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

New, and need advice/help!

Started by WhatTheFox, November 27, 2017, 10:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatTheFox

So, i've been making music for a while now. I am 21 years old, and have been obsessed with the sound Cheiron had brought into the 90's and early 2000s. It was definitely a new era of Pop music.

Now, I actually have the Downtown Beats Drum kit (the whole damn thing, I purchased). What can I do to help me achieve a little bit of this sound, and some Roland VST Synths (for Logic Pro X). I know I should probably move on to Pro Tools, but I don't feel like spending that kind of money right now until I feel like i've mastered Logic enough.

Anyway, I was wanting to know what kind of Synths was used for a majority of the Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, and NSYNC songs from the 90's and early 2000's. Also the pads, orchestra hits, and bass. I know that allot of Britney songs had that (correct me if i'm wrong) Yamaha Slap Bass? (Or was it Roland?)

Either way, I am wanting to know what programs, or is there anything I could do to kinda "recreate" that sound using a bit of what I have? I really want to learn how to re-create this sound as best as I can... I would love any and all help. I don't care where, how, or what... I will sit, and learn because my determination is so strong for this kinda music!  ;D

Sorry if i'm not making any sense... I just need some guidance... This place seems to be my only hope!

ALSO, the Talk-Synth thing in Backstreet Boy's "Larger Than Life"... What is that? Where did this sound come about?  ::)