• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Kelly Clarkson - New Album (Single: Max/Dr Luke/Claude Kelly)

Started by PG, November 11, 2008, 01:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PG

People at PopJustice are saying the likely lead single for Kelly Clarkson's new album (which is due out early next year, probably) is called "Life Would Suck (Without You)" or "My Life Would Suck Without You" and is written by Max Martin, Dr. Luke, and Claude Kelly.  It's definitely true that Kelly has a song by that name by those three writers--I just don't know if it's definitely the lead single or not.  For proof of the song's existence, check out ASCAP:

http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?requesttimeout=300&mode=results&searchstr=433631699&search_in=i&search_type=exact&search_det=t,s,w,p,b,v&results_pp=30&start=1

I don't really like the song title, but I do want Kelly to release music I like again, so I really hope this is good.

Rebecca

hey, wow, that's awesome, thanks PG. I'm sure it will be great! Kelly needs another big hit.

Feelgoodlies

I'm happy she's finally back to them, don't forget she was the first person to actually bring out the Pop/rock in them worldwide.

Raul_esp

Out

God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so so glad Kelly is back with Max' song, after she failed by sales with her weak last album I'm pretty sure her management will care to collect as strong team of producers and songwriters like they did for "Breakaway" to bring Kelly back to the top.

Unexpected

*Sabine*

It's very good, another hit on the way! Max could have done more songs with Britney instead though... Kelly C. is OK, but I'm not a fan at all.

nshinnosuke

judging by the title,it might be another Since U Been Gone or even So What...but please,I want another Behind These Hazel Eyes or Break You (Marion Raven). can't wait to hear this one...

Alex Martin

I hope in a song similar to here i am (marion Raven)

I adore this song

PG

I'm glad so many other people are glad she's coming back :D  Fingers crossed the songs are good.

Here's some more information--from Entertainment Weekly--although really it doesn't tell us that much.  I hope the country thing isn't that true or that strong in its influence (not that I dislike country!  I just don't want it from Kelly):

QuoteKelly Clarkson, the first and arguably most successful American Idol winner, announced on her blog in late October that she has finished recording her fourth album. And while no release date or title has been set, producer Dr. Luke (real name: Lukasz Gottwald), who has worked with Avril Lavigne, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, and, most recently, Weezer, tells EW.com that a new single could be out as soon as December -- and that it will arrive without a hint of country twang, as some had speculated.

If anything, the song, by virtue of its title, "My Life Would Suck Without You," and the production team behind it, could be seen as a Part B to Clarkson's monster 2004 hit, "Since U Been Gone." As it turns out, Dr. Luke says he started developing the new song with pop maestro and "Since U Been Gone" collaborator Max Martin years ago. "After 'Since U Been Gone,' we wrote all these songs for Kelly," Dr. Luke says. "This one, which I think is the first single, we had the chorus a while ago and added the verse more recently. They were going to have it out on Nov. 20, but it just got too late. So now they're thinking Dec. 8 for a worldwide release, but I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being early January." (A rep for Clarkson says the single has yet to be chosen.)

With a new team in place (including manager Narvel Blackstock, Reba McEntire's husband) and the drama of My December behind her, Clarkson exuded nothing but confidence in the studio, Dr. Luke says. "It's sick. She sings a song in two hours and kills it. You're just, like, 'holy s---.' She has powerful lungs. She's like the Lance Armstrong of vocal chords."

Raul_esp

ohh I'm excited with this album , I want love lyrics max!!! ;D I love when max is named as pop maestro !!

starstruck52

i'm so excited about this

although i really hope she doesn't release on december 9th. britney's releasing her dr luke track sometime around then and i don't want the two songs to have to compete against eachother...

Rebecca

ooh, pop maestro!!

I'm very excited, sounds there's going to be a few Max/Luke songs on Kelly's album, I hope they make it. I imagine that quite a few songwriters would compete to be on Kelly's album.

Yes, Starstruck, I hope it's not the same time as Britney's album. I want Britney to be at No.1 and then Kelly to be at No.1. hopefully the record company will think of that too.

*Sabine*

I'm impressed to see how many huge projects Max and Dr Luke have had this year. They're really work-aholics... And yes, Max named pop maestro is perfect! :D

georg_e

There's quite an interesting video snippet on YouTube with Lukasz Gottwald and Clive Davis discussing a demo of Max and Luke for Kelly Clarkson's new album.  (It's from a TV documentary called 'Iconoclasts" on Sundance Channel).  I had trouble with the URL link, sorry can't post that,  but if you type in the following on YouTube search........

Kelly Clarkson My Life Would Suck Without You tidbit

....the video will come right up.