• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

My first foray into pop

Started by CMQK, August 30, 2016, 06:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMQK

Hey I'm a wannabe writer/producer from Hamburg, Germany. I'm more of an indie/singer-songwriter guy but decided to start producing some pop for a laugh, here's my first  :P

https://soundcloud.com/cmqkprod/take-my-hand-2/s-H3n8l

I was going for more of a Carl Falk/Rami sound and pretended like I was writing for 1D or some other boy band.  :P

It's pretty cheesy and since I don't really have access to good singers atm I had to sing it myself. If you wanna chuckle a bit and nod your head/tap your foot some check it out :P

Cheers, Chris/CMQK

PS - slightly slower: https://soundcloud.com/cmqkprod/take-my-hand-108bpm/s-y6pSk

j.fco.morales

Sounds really good!

I'd try a country arrangement though and slow it down a bit.

CMQK

Quote from: j.fco.morales on August 30, 2016, 06:35:34 PM
Sounds really good!

I'd try a country arrangement though and slow it down a bit.

Thanks man! I guess you're right, it does have a bit of a country feel...

turnaround

And I liked it..

CMQK

Quote from: turnaround on August 30, 2016, 10:17:40 PM
Willkommen im Forum ;)

Oh vielen Dank! Tummeln sich hier auch ein paar Deutsche ja?! Hatte mich schon gewundert bei der .de-Endung... ;)

j.fco.morales

Ándale, yo me pondré a escribir en español entonces!  ::)

turnaround

Yes, a few proud German Cheiron fans are here.

I like the song, simple and infectious. And I'm a sucker for cheesy melodies and lyrics. (Team Jörgen Elofsson)
Keeo up doing Pop music!

And I liked it..

CMQK

Quote from: turnaround on August 31, 2016, 07:44:20 AM
Yes, a few proud German Cheiron fans are here.

I like the song, simple and infectious. And I'm a sucker for cheesy melodies and lyrics. (Team Jörgen Elofsson)
Keeo up doing Pop music!

Cool, thanks! Yeah me too, love "Sometimes" and "Crazy", both classic tunes! I also love those traditional themes, youthful love, summer camps, carefree times...all that stuff  :D

turnaround

Lovely.

I wish there was still a market for these cheesy Songs performed by preferably by girl or boybands.

In Scandinavia there are still some bands with unashamed cheesy songs. Best example: Suite 16 - Anna-Lee

What do you plan with your song?

And I liked it..

CMQK

Quote from: turnaround on September 01, 2016, 09:00:15 AM
Lovely.

I wish there was still a market for these cheesy Songs performed by preferably by girl or boybands.

In Scandinavia there are still some bands with unashamed cheesy songs. Best example: Suite 16 - Anna-Lee

What do you plan with your song?

Haha nice, one can definitely hear the Avicii influence, still a good song! I had no idea that groups like that are still happening in Scandinavia, that's awesome. I guess the Eurovision Song Contest is still a pretty good platform for songs like that...

I've no idea what to do with that song to be honest. I guess it would be prudent to maybe cast some guys myself to perform it, but I don't know if that stuff would fly in Germany, and besides pretty hard to do with no budget :P And it's just one song, might have to do a couple more to send it to some labels or publishing companies...?! If you have any suggestions let me know!

By the way, as j.fco.morales suggested, I've uploaded a slightly slower version here:
https://soundcloud.com/cmqkprod/take-my-hand-108bpm/s-y6pSk

I must have pretty strong ADHD as I always tend to pick faster-than-usual tempi at first ;D

CMQK

Quote from: j.fco.morales on September 02, 2016, 04:19:13 AM
90 bpm or less: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_32H89u_KwA

Really nice track and very fitting in this context...seems like there's still a place for the kind of lyrical themes we talked about in country music:) And production-wise the line between pop and country becomes increasingly blurry anyway so not a bad place to look for inspiration!