• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Midi sounds

Started by malcolm hogg, January 17, 2007, 01:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy Nelson

Hey everyone!!! If you're looking for the actual sounds used in "Cheiron" productions on some virtual recording software with computer samples of sound patches, you're barking up the wrong tree! Keep in mind, this is in reference to all the songs produced at Cheiron before 2000... Back in the 90's they used "workstation keyboards", (real) analog synthesizers, and rack synths at Cheiron. That's where all their sounds came from. Not ANY type of "virtual" computer patches. I'm not saying they didn't use computers at all, they did use Pro-Tools, which they only used for recording and mixing. So if you want to make the "actual" Cheiron sound, you're going to need the actual sounds they used which are on these various now "vintage" keyboards, rack synths, etc.  8)

Massproductions

Quote from: "Tommy Nelson"Hey everyone!!! If you're looking for the actual sounds used in "Cheiron" productions on some virtual recording software with computer samples of sound patches, you're barking up the wrong tree! Keep in mind, this is in reference to all the songs produced at Cheiron before 2000... Back in the 90's they used "workstation keyboards", (real) analog synthesizers, and rack synths at Cheiron. That's where all their sounds came from. Not ANY type of "virtual" computer patches. I'm not saying they didn't use computers at all, they did use Pro-Tools, which they only used for recording and mixing. So if you want to make the "actual" Cheiron sound, you're going to need the actual sounds they used which are on these various now "vintage" keyboards, rack synths, etc.  8)

Exactly! But if you are a bit handy you can easy compy some of the sounds. For example one common thing they use is pad-sounds... the sounds like they are made by an analog synth with maybe a bit chorus on. If you know analog synths this would be quite easy to make. Also they often use stabbs/hits, sounds like Piano/Orchestral hit/Crash mixed togaether. In the drums they often use hiphop kind of drums, with an (a bit)downtuned and fat snare. Also the in chords and structure you can se patterns. This is very generalized, but analyse the music and you could probably come up with similar sounds on your own.
Keep in mind that even the cheiron guys are moving on. They don't sound the same now as in the 90's, look at for example Kelly Clarksson a more rock-sound. This is important if you actually wan't to get in the charts as nobody want's to hear a copycat.

turnaround

Oh welcome massproductions, great to see an active songwriter on here!!  :)
And I liked it..

Massproductions

Thanks turnaround! Yes, you could say so! For now it's a hobby, but I hope it will be my job someday.