• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Iggy Azaela - Savior (feat. Quavo) (Dr. Luke)

Started by turnaround, February 01, 2018, 11:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

QuoteAmethyst Kelly, Lukasz Gottwald, Henry Walter, Kyle Owens, Quavious Marshall, Myjah Veira, A. Morris, M. Simmonds, Lisa Stansfield, I. Devaney & Akil King

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/4HkjO6S6yYJr8uyFLBZyEf?si=zGoeUboCTGegtgcYsvVGCw[/spotify]

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2018/02/iggy-azalea-denies-luke-involvement-new-single-savior
And I liked it..

nanofives

It definitely sounds like Luke. I'm loving this one so much.
I hope Luke comes back eventually, a similar thing happened with A Little Work by Fergie, on Genius and Wikipedia is not listed, but it is in ASCAP.

I. Devaney, Composer, Author - L. Stansfield, Composer, Author - Lukasz Gottwald, Composer, Author - Henry Walter, Composer, Author - John Hanes, Engineer - Serban Ghenea, Mixer - Dr. Luke, Other - Eric Weaver, Recording Engineer - A. Morris, Composer, Author - Clint Gibbs, Recording Engineer - Cirkut, Producer, Other - Kobalt Songs Music Publishing, MusicPublisher - Universal Music Corp., MusicPublisher - Iggy Azalea, MainArtist - BMG Songs Inc., MusicPublisher - Amethyst Kelly, Composer, Author - M. Simmonds, Composer, Author - BMG Platinum Songs, MusicPublisher - Quavious Marshall, Composer, Author - Sony/ATV Allegro, MusicPublisher - Kyle Owens, Composer, Author - Akil King, Composer, Author - Atlas Music Publishing, MusicPublisher - Quavo, FeaturedArtist - These Are Pulse Songs, MusicPublisher - Tyler Sheppard, Asst. Recording Engineer - Kalani Thompson, Asst. Recording Engineer - Myjah Veira, Composer, Author - Manhun Glow, Producer

bugmenot

WTF  Dr. Luke, Other could mean?
New level of conspiracy?

I wonder if he worked on everything that has Circut's credits? They are on the boat instagram.com/p/BZc7Rb8AeMc.

DashD

Wow, I really like this - as with a lot of his stuff, it struck me on first listen. Wonder what it is - maybe the very lean and straight production together with a hint of one-note-melodies. Any suggestions?

nanofives

Quote from: bugmenot on February 02, 2018, 11:57:59 AM
WTF  Dr. Luke, Other could mean?
New level of conspiracy?

I wonder if he worked on everything that has Circut's credits? They are on the boat instagram.com/p/BZc7Rb8AeMc.
I've seen that credit in many new songs just on Qobuz, maybe labels are lazy to tell exactly what he did. Although Tidal says he's a co-writer.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: nanofives on February 02, 2018, 06:07:24 PM
I've seen that credit in many new songs just on Qobuz, maybe labels are lazy to tell exactly what he did. Although Tidal says he's a co-writer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxoGNkLpgZk
Official Lyrics video.

This one sounds like an old one. When the guys tried to copy Oliver's synth funk sound. They did it with Nicki Minaj and Ciara for example.

Plus, interpolates Lisa Stansfield 1989's hit All Around The World:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVuuatjHGnY

bugmenot

"Another kid MHL" is not exist and has no works. It is Luke.

nanofives

Circuit? Well, the tweet no longer exists. Maybe Luke wrote that in another session without Iggy, but she can't deny that he has a big involvement in this song.

j.fco.morales

Well, it makes sense: you get a publishing deal but Luke gets royalties from all the songs written by the writers at his publishing.

Smart move. A bit too much maybe, feels like slavery... but I guess that's better than no deal.

nanofives

Quote from: j.fco.morales on February 08, 2018, 11:30:33 PM
Well, it makes sense: you get a publishing deal but Luke gets royalties from all the songs written by the writers at his publishing.

Smart move. A bit too much maybe, feels like slavery... but I guess that's better than no deal.

The discussion would be... how Cirkut influenced Luke all these years, because this song has a lot of elements from previous Luke songs of the last four years or so. And it doesn't sound nearly as identical as Cirkut songs without luke like the work of Weeknd's Starboy and his work with Allie X, assuming he didn't actually write this song.

I strongly believe that Iggy is saying bullshit because her novelty wore off and she's trying to be relevant again; and admitting that would hurt a lot her reputation.

Dr. Fleischman

Quote from: j.fco.morales on February 08, 2018, 11:30:33 PM
you get a publishing deal but Luke gets royalties from all the songs written by the writers at his publishing.
This is how it works. A publisher always gets royalties from his writers work. Credits are different think, maybe that is what you meant?
I was talking to a person who works in LA and he told me that Luke's publishing deals were widely known as abusive.

Savior sounds like dr Luke to me.

j.fco.morales

[spotify]https://open.spotify.com/track/6hkr5ZGVOt3Z2BNGE6yqpB[/spotify]

Written by Alice Chater & Iggy Azalea.
Produced by Carl Falk & J White Did It.

Samples Dean Martin's Mambo Italiano.

j.fco.morales

I have I am the stripclub on repeat.

Same with Emo Club Anthem. Reminds me a bit of Cobrah, a swedish pop artist.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: getawaydriver on September 18, 2021, 05:13:46 PM
I love Cobrah's song "Good Puss"! She has some huge bangers.

I adore her! And she's a school teacher hahaha