web counter
Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (Ilya, Savan Kotecha)

Author Topic: Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (Ilya, Savan Kotecha)  (Read 2728 times)

Offline j.fco.morales

• True Believer
  • Fave CHEIRON producer: Max Martin
  • Fave CHEIRON writer: Max Martin
Re: Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (Ilya, Savan Kotecha)
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2018, 08:15:37 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll4PiBEWFvI

Dangerous Woman Diaries Ep1 - the light is coming

Plus, Mumford and Sons did Breathin on BBC Radio1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj9oOkWSGfw

The guys from Mumford and Sons said Ariana is a big star, in a Whitney Houston type of star.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 08:20:57 PM by j.fco.morales »

Offline j.fco.morales

• True Believer
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2018, 08:16:22 PM »
The video for thank u, next became viral and became her biggest song to date.

Ariana talked with Billboard about her career and next album, confirms working with Max and his team:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/events/women-in-music/8487877/ariana-grande-cover-story-billboard-women-in-music-2018.

“I’ve politely walked out of sessions before,” says Grande. “It has happened. I’m a small girl. People tend to underestimate that. And then I sit down and comp my own vocals and can produce my own session, and they’re like” -- here she adopts an excellent impersonation of a dopey man -- “‘Oh, I didn’t know you could do that.’ I’m like, ‘Believe it or not, there are plenty of tiny women that can do this.’”

Offline melodicmoonlight

• The Real Thing
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2018, 09:07:14 AM »
The video for thank u, next became viral and became her biggest song to date.

Ariana talked with Billboard about her career and next album, confirms working with Max and his team:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/events/women-in-music/8487877/ariana-grande-cover-story-billboard-women-in-music-2018.

“I’ve politely walked out of sessions before,” says Grande. “It has happened. I’m a small girl. People tend to underestimate that. And then I sit down and comp my own vocals and can produce my own session, and they’re like” -- here she adopts an excellent impersonation of a dopey man -- “‘Oh, I didn’t know you could do that.’ I’m like, ‘Believe it or not, there are plenty of tiny women that can do this.’”

who would've thought... going into her fifth studio album that she's reaching a new career peak. she's become a true streaming artist, creating viral & enticing visuals as well as creating a controversial social media presence. the break up with Pete and the death of Mac Miller definitely fueled even greater interest in her - all eyes watching what her next move would be, which was Thank u, next.

good for her. excited to hear what AG5 will sound like.

*edit: great article, btw. lots of tid-bits about the next record that i bet she'll release around x-mas:

Now comes the polishing phase and the addition of some tracks with Martin and his team. It was the product of a lot of “feminine energy and champagne and music and laughter and crying. This [album’s] not particularly uplifting,” she says. “A lot of it sounds really upbeat, but it’s actually a super sad chapter.”

The music is defiant -- deep, bass-driven bangers with trap beats alternating with airy, sad ballads -- and aesthetically more adventurous than anything she has ever released. Some of the lyrics are so unambiguously personal and gutting that even if the singer were up for talking about them, most questions would be redundant. But one of the more upbeat tunes, “7 Rings,” has a backstory Grande is happy to discuss.

“It was a... challenging fall day in New York,” she begins, cracking up. “Me and my friends went to Tiffany’s together, just because we needed some retail therapy. You know how when you’re waiting at Tiffany’s they give you lots of champagne? They got us very tipsy, so we bought seven engagement rings, and when I got back to the studio I gave everybody a friendship ring.” She flashes a diamond ring on her right hand; Monét and Parx are wearing them as well. “That’s why we have these, and that’s where the song idea came from.”

She goes to her phone and presses “play,” and a party-ready twist on “My Favorite Things” booms out of the speakers. Grande whispers some asides to her friends, who are bopping along to the song. Then she starts to dance around the room in her bare feet, alone and smiling.

I'm imagining the latter to be similar to Gwen Stefani's "Wind it Up" and then '7 Rings' to be similar to Greedy/Pink Champagne.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 09:20:41 AM by melodicmoonlight »

Offline j.fco.morales

• True Believer
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2018, 06:30:58 PM »
Wind it uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup! Love that track!

So weird.