• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Ed Sheeran - two new songs from upcoming album "Divide"

Started by gm33, June 27, 2014, 07:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gm33

Sorry if this has been posted (can't find it, I'm surprised):

Ed Sheeran - Don't
Writer:Ed Sheeran , Benjamin Levin
Producer: Rick Rubin, Benny Blanco

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_%28Ed_Sheeran_song%29
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

j.fco.morales

It's the new single.
Ed Sheeran mimmicking Justin Timberlake.

nznexus

not surprising for me because im on twitter and benny tweeted to ed sheeran and i was like wtf?

why ed sheeran and now i know why.

:-*
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

turnaround

I like this album. Best track by him is "All of the stars" from the TFIOS soundtrack. Beautiful song. And very untypical for him.
And I liked it..

nznexus

its funny to me how all these artist makes soundtracks for movies and vice versa
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

B Steady

Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7647997/ed-sheeran-love-yourself-justin-bieber-divide-interview

Ed Sheeran talks about getting two of the biggest songs of last year, written by him.

"That was a song I had written for Divide. It just wouldn't have made it," Sheeran explained in an interview with Carson Daly on 97.1 AMP Radio Monday morning (Jan. 9). "And then Justin took it and did his thing on it, and released it as a single and made it what it is. So going from a song that would have never been released to [being] the biggest song of last year -- it just became Billboard's #1 of 2016 of the whole year, and [was] nominated for Song of the Year at the GRAMMYs -- it just shows you that you shouldn't always write stuff off."

"'Cold Water' was a weird one because I didn't even know that song existed," he explained. "It was a song I must've half-written somewhere at a time where I was writing a lot of songs and I did it at Benny Blanco's house and then I got an email from Diplo just being like, 'Yo! That 'Cold Water' song is dope! Can I have it?' And I was like, 'I have no idea what you're talking about,' so I just didn't reply. And then he emailed and was like, "Yo, Justin [Bieber] wants to hop on the 'Cold Water' song. Is that cool?' And I'm just like, 'What are you talking about?'... And then the song came out and it was number one and I was like 'Oh, that song!' I remember doing it, but it was really, really slow. I remember hearing it and being like 'That kind of sounds like me. Oh wait, it was me.'"

turnaround

Both new singles broke records the upcoming album has the following deluxe tracklist:

Probably the itunes credits are wrong - because I assume he was involved in each song.

Eraser      Ed Sheeran & Johnny McDaid   
Castle on the Hill      Ed Sheeran & Benjamin Levin   
Dive      Ed Sheeran, Benjamin Levin & Julia Michaels   
Shape of You      Ed Sheeran, Steve Mac & Johnny McDaid   
Perfect   
Galway Girl      Damian McKee, Eamon Murray, Johnny McDaid, Liam Bradley, Niamh Dunne, Sean Graham & Foy Vance   
Happier      Ryan Tedder & Benjamin Levin   
New Man      Ammar Malik, Jessie Ware & Benjamin Levin   
Hearts Don't Break Around Here      Johnny McDaid   
What Do I Know?      Johnny McDaid & Foy Vance   
How Would You Feel (Paean)   
Supermarket Flowers      Johnny McDaid & Benjamin Levin   
Barcelona      Amy Wadge, Benjamin Levin, Foy Vance & Johnny McDaid   
Bibia Be Ye Ye      Benjamin Levin, Joseph Addison, Nana Richard Abiona & Stephen Woode   
Nancy Mulligan      Amy Wadge, Foy Vance, Johnny McDaid, Murray Cummings & Benjamin Levin   
Save Myself      Amy Wadge & Timothy Mckenzie   
And I liked it..

nanofives

what a disappointment that steve mac only did one track, shape of you is dope.

j.fco.morales

I think this is what the song needed, production wise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQlzMHkl8OQ

The arrangements on the original version are just blah. Plain boring.

B Steady

Shape Of You = song of the year so far, incredibly dope. Also a nice mash up of Drake's One Dance and Controlla.

Songs that begin with "Shape Of ..." tend to be great 8)
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Beatline Boys

Cover Ed Sheeran.

https://youtu.be/q8tks7Th0SU

It's the new boyband Sensation by Cheiron Music.
And I liked it..