web counter
My hunt for the Tearin' Up My Heart instrumental - A resounding failure

Author Topic: My hunt for the Tearin' Up My Heart instrumental - A resounding failure  (Read 11151 times)

Offline backgammonfiend

• Brand New
  • NSA insts order cancelled :'(
  • Fave CHEIRON producer: Kristian Lundin
  • Fave CHEIRON song: Don't Wanna Lose You Now
  • Fave CHEIRON writer: Andreas Carlsson
Re: My hunt for the Tearin' Up My Heart instrumental - ongoing
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2019, 11:06:54 PM »
A tragic ending to this saga. I have confirmation that no DAT tape from the nsync debut album is still functional.

The only way to get an instrumental from that LP would be to miraculously find a promo disc which was not even sent to radios (only live show hosts appear to have gotten those, no radio anyone knows has a copy) which is 11/10 difficulty - or to license an instrumental mix from the ANALOG masters, which is more expensive than all hell.

(Or Ron Hester / one of the original producers decides to cough it up)

I pray that Remix Hits or Harmonix or whoever finds a reason to have an nsync throwback and get these stems out the vault. Otherwise, nothing from the nsync debut album will ever see the light of day outside test pressing mixes from a studio (example: https://www.discogs.com/Kelly-Clarkson-TV-Tracks/release/11455604) which are simply not up to par with a fully mastered LP version
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 11:09:47 PM by backgammonfiend »

Offline backgammonfiend

• Brand New
  • NSA insts order cancelled :'(
  • Fave CHEIRON producer: Kristian Lundin
  • Fave CHEIRON song: Don't Wanna Lose You Now
  • Fave CHEIRON writer: Andreas Carlsson
Re: My hunt for the Tearin' Up My Heart instrumental - A resounding failure
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2020, 10:11:23 PM »
I've updated the I Want You Back remake for the last time, this time it's surely suitable for karaoke night. no echo vocal chop nonsense and no high hats & horns mugging up the synth overlays.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dAWX-dQ7fds5VWHQrmcwMM3rMZa4_tWa/

i've been trying to update the remake of TUMH as well to incorporate a more accurate first verse and outro but the double reverb is proving exceptionally difficult to silence. will update again by halloween, i wish someone could just dig up the original already, even if it's a test press like for IWYB

Edit: 10/30 - 4th remake now out, unfortunately had to use vinyl source for verse 2 and chorus 2+3 as no filtration system can handle the backing vocal layers there. it took a while just to clear vocal bleed from verse 1 to do the rest would be dummy long and you can do that if you want to... i won't be. this one would probably work for karaoke night too

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mJJhNQub2Lkq0f6RNV3vkywrL11fJoj5/
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 11:06:29 PM by backgammonfiend »

Offline *Sabine*

• True Believer
  • ...but che cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart
    • Max's fanpage on Facebook
  • Fave CHEIRON producer: Max Martin
  • Fave CHEIRON song: ...Baby One More Time, Lucky, Shape of My Heart, Stronger
  • Fave CHEIRON writer: Max Martin
Re: My hunt for the Tearin' Up My Heart instrumental - A resounding failure
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2020, 12:29:37 PM »
Impressive work! Thank you so much!!