• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Shakira - new album with song by Max Martin

Started by ShockdioN, January 06, 2014, 09:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Quote from: Raul_esp on March 21, 2014, 12:41:55 AM
I mean originally in Spanish , not a version.

dare (la la la) is the original song in this case and it's english too so we still have no Max original in spanish ;D
Vila i frid Dag

J_A24

Quote from: j.fco.morales on March 21, 2014, 05:23:29 AM
I checked the digital booklet, the album was just released.

Written by Shakira, Jay Singh, Lukasz Gottwald, Mathieu Jomphe, Max Martin, Henry Walter, Raelene Leguin, John J Conte, Jr.
Produced by Dr Luke, Shakira, Billboard & Cirkut.
Additional programming by Dave Clauss.

The crowd in the chorus was recorded in Brazil. I thought it was produced by Afrojack.

Could this song be a Femme Fatale reject? I mean, Billboard and Luke never worked again and the song was supposedly recorded back in 2012 and even a video was shot. And a spanish version is included in the deluxe version, so surely will be a single.

There's interesting names in the collaborators list -Greg Kurstin, Sia, Busbee, Nasri, Hillary Lindsay & Mark Bright,  -, but less interesting material and sounding.

It doesn't sound like a Cirkut and Billboard beat at all, except for some of the synths that I recognize from both of them. I believe it was one of those songs that Shakira wanted to finish for a long time so she seeked Luke and Max and Luke gave specific assingments to both Cirkut and Billboard and then put the final stamp of approval on it. But some of the song, including that cheesy dutch house synth line and the chorus was already done by the Jay Singh guy and Max or even Shakira herself.

Shakira's album started off with Luke as executive producer and she was supposedly going for a more electronic/dance record. But Shakira got pregnant, they delayed the project for a bit and the direction changed along the way.

Raul_esp

Quote from: B Steady on March 21, 2014, 02:04:20 PM
dare (la la la) is the original song in this case and it's english too so we still have no Max original in spanish ;D

But both have been released at the same time , what's the original?  ;D ,  ''When you're looking like that'' was released in spanish at the beggining too?

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on March 21, 2014, 09:40:05 AM
Yes they did on B.o.B'a Strange Clouds album

At the end of 2011, released by 2012.

It's 2014.

I've been listening to the album and I think she needs to release a spanish album, the lyrics flow a way better.
Even in the spanish version of the song. And Jorge Drexler helps a lot with the writing.

turnaround

"The one thing" - standout-track!
And "That Way" is a beautiful ballad.
And I liked it..

J_A24

Quote from: j.fco.morales on March 21, 2014, 04:05:50 PM
At the end of 2011, released by 2012.

It's 2014.

I've been listening to the album and I think she needs to release a spanish album, the lyrics flow a way better.
Even in the spanish version of the song. And Jorge Drexler helps a lot with the writing.

True.

By the way, the verses on "Dare" remind me of "Ojos Asi" :P

Raul_esp

AdamKhan

B Steady

the one thing is one of my favorite songs too however it sounds like a copy of demi's heart attack

Dare & Can't Remember To Forget You are by far my favorites :)
Vila i frid Dag

Oroz

Quote from: Eddie Krommer on March 21, 2014, 02:01:19 AM
Dare (La la la) is full English  :-\

We have to stick to Belinda's Sin Dolor, co-written by Andreas, if we want a Cheiron song written originally in Spanish.

That's quite a good topic to discuss: Cheiron songs in other languages.

In iTunes Mexico it's called La La La only and its in spanish so I think we actually have the first song by Max Martin and company in spanish.

turnaround

I could easily imagine "Dare (la la la)" will be a World Cup single, if not even the official one.
And I liked it..

J_A24

Quote from: turnaround on March 24, 2014, 06:33:29 PM
I could easily imagine "Dare (la la la)" will be a World Cup single, if not even the official one.

There's an alternate version made for the world cup on the album.

nznexus

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Jules

Quote from: turnaround on March 24, 2014, 06:33:29 PM

That's why the spanish version is called "La La La (Brazil 2014)"!  ;)

Axel