• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Billboard Video on Max Martin

Started by gm33, April 19, 2016, 04:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gm33

Billboard created a video looking at Max Martin's top Top 10 - Hot 100 hits.

#10 Can't Feel My Face - The Weekend
#9  Black Space - Taylor Swift
#8 Quit Playing Games With My Heart = BSB
#7 Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
#6 Dynamite - Tiao Cruz
#5 California Gurls - Katy Perry
#4 ET - Katy Perry
#3 Shake it Off - Taylor Swift
#2 One More Night - Maroon Five
#1 Dark Horse - Kate Perry

Video: https://www.facebook.com/Billboard/videos/10154127616229581/

Tons of comments on the Billboard facebook page that are worth checking out:
https://www.facebook.com/Billboard/videos/10154127616229581/?fref=nf

METHODOLOGY
"Max martin's Top 10 Billboard Hot 100 hits chart is based on actual performance on the weekly Hot 100, through March 26, 2016, ranking. Songs are ranked based on an inverse point system , with weeks at No. 1 earning the greatest value and weeks at No. 100 earning the least. Due to changes in chart methodology over the years, certain eras are weighted to account for difference char turnover rates over various periods. "

There's a lot of outrage on the Facebook comments over the lack of Britney/Nsync/ or more BSB, but it appears the methodology gives weight to how high each song was and for how long. I guess our Cheiron Max from the late 90s didn't really get the type of great charting that his songs do today! When I think about it "pop" music then wasn't as mainstream as it is today. It is more acceptable now to "like" a Max Martin song then if you liked Britney vs. some other genre like rap or rock in the late 90s.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Cheiron Meets Thizz

Quote from: gm33 on April 19, 2016, 04:27:02 PM
Billboard created a video looking at Max Martin's top Top 10 - Hot 100 hits.

#10 Can't Feel My Face - The Weekend
#9  Black Space - Taylor Swift
#8 Quit Playing Games With My Heart = BSB
#7 Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
#6 Dynamite - Tiao Cruz
#5 California Gurls - Katy Perry
#4 ET - Katy Perry
#3 Shake it Off - Taylor Swift
#2 One More Night - Maroon Five
#1 Dark Horse - Kate Perry

Video: https://www.facebook.com/Billboard/videos/10154127616229581/

Tons of comments on the Billboard facebook page that are worth checking out:
https://www.facebook.com/Billboard/videos/10154127616229581/?fref=nf

METHODOLOGY
"Max martin's Top 10 Billboard Hot 100 hits chart is based on actual performance on the weekly Hot 100, through March 26, 2016, ranking. Songs are ranked based on an inverse point system , with weeks at No. 1 earning the greatest value and weeks at No. 100 earning the least. Due to changes in chart methodology over the years, certain eras are weighted to account for difference char turnover rates over various periods. "

There's a lot of outrage on the Facebook comments over the lack of Britney/Nsync/ or more BSB, but it appears the methodology gives weight to how high each song was and for how long. I guess our Cheiron Max from the late 90s didn't really get the type of great charting that his songs do today! When I think about it "pop" music then wasn't as mainstream as it is today. It is more acceptable now to "like" a Max Martin song then if you liked Britney vs. some other genre like rap or rock in the late 90s.

I believe that's because less songs make it to #1 now because the way the system is set up the songs stay at #1 for longer

Rebecca

That's really cool that Billboard did that. I wish they would rate Max's entire catalogue, or have they done that already?