• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Is Max mostly working out of Stockholm?

Started by Axel, July 18, 2011, 11:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nznexus

this thread is 3 years old but reading it again feels like it was just yesterday  :)
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

Romb

Actually, Max has silently moved to LA a few years ago. He bought a house in Hollywood and has his studio over there (not in the house I guess  :o).

Dr. Fleischman

Wolf Cousins operate in Stockholm with Max supervising them from LA?

Romb

Quote from: Dr. Fleischman on April 22, 2015, 10:08:36 AM
Wolf Cousins operate in Stockholm with Max supervising them from LA?

Something like that :) However, I don't see why the term "supervise" is used, it's not a day job where you have to punch in and out ;)

I think Max just got tired of flying back and forth, though he seems to be in Sweden a lot.

Also, as Dr Luke once revealed, with these famous artists it's really hard to plan anything. They change plans on the fly...they broke up with boyfriends, someone invited them to a yacht in Spain or they just don't feel like recording ( and many many more reasons). Well, not everybody is like that, but imagine you book a session with Kanye and come over all the way from Sweden to face "Nah, man, my poop looks pretty sad today, I think we have to reschedule".

I guess bringing artists to Stockholm is a nice idea as they are thrown out of their environment and have less distractions.

j.fco.morales

It makes sense... but a 11 hours flight from LA to STHLM is a bit exhausting...

Romb

Quote from: Khan9898 on July 19, 2011, 06:29:48 PM
I know Savan, Rami, Carl, and Kristian are all in Stockholm and have been for a while now. They have visa issues going on and don't know when they'll be returning to L.A. So if BSB want's to work with them they have to fly to Stockholm...

Excuse me if I'm wrong, I'm not a visa expert, but how people who work for US major industry companies can have any visa issues?:)
Well, except if they brake the law.

J_A24

Quote from: Romb on April 23, 2015, 01:40:11 AM
Excuse me if I'm wrong, I'm not a visa expert, but how people who work for US major industry companies can have any visa issues?:)
Well, except if they brake the law.

Anyone who's a foreigner trying to set ground in the U.S. has to get a visa after a number of times of going back and forth. I know people who have the title of "Alien of extraordinary ability" in their visa lol    :P

Romb

Quote from: J_A24 on April 23, 2015, 01:54:24 AM
Anyone who's a foreigner trying to set ground in the U.S. has to get a visa after a number of times of going back and forth. I know people who have the title of "Alien of extraordinary ability" in their visa lol    :P

Haha, I know that. The point is that I don't see any problem for those guys to get a professional visa. They have so many business partners who would "hire" them for that matter.
Well, actually, on that level it's more likely that they open their own company in US and hire people ( and the government chants "taxes taxes taxes!") and get a visa.

ShockdioN

Ellie Goulding is currently in Stockholm right now..

Romb

Quote from: ShockdioN on April 28, 2015, 04:40:35 PM
Ellie Goulding is currently in Stockholm right now..

Have you seen her?:)

UPDATE: Oh, I saw the discussion of an instagram picture in another forum topic, so I think that's what you are relying on.

klukan

Quote from: Romb on April 22, 2015, 11:20:18 AM
I think Max just got tired of flying back and forth, though he seems to be in Sweden a lot.

In the Swedish P4 interview, Max explains that the main reason for moving to LA was that he and his wife thought it would be an exciting experience for their daughter and a good way for her to learn the language etc.

He then says, that he's found that there's lot of benefits on the music production side as well.

Romb

Quote from: klukan on April 29, 2015, 08:35:58 AM
In the Swedish P4 interview, Max explains that the main reason for moving to LA was that he and his wife thought it would be an exciting experience for their daughter and a good way for her to learn the language etc.

He then says, that he's found that there's lot of benefits on the music production side as well.

Oh, thanks for the info!
What a lucky kid  8)

Rebecca

j.fco.morales

Actually, moving to LA it was an amazing decision career-wise.

Romb

Quote from: j.fco.morales on April 29, 2015, 05:50:15 PM
Actually, moving to LA it was an amazing decision career-wise.

I really think it was already amazing  :D
But seriously, I guess he was staying there quite often before, it's just that he moved his family there which made it "official".