Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
New Songs / Re: Charlie Puth - Voice Notes (Rami)
« Last post by Dagge on January 25, 2022, 02:37:32 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFsAon_TWPQ

Charlie Puth - Light Switch [Official Music Video]

Looks like he learned his stuff pretty well, everything is there. Two notes, the first 8 bar melody could be lower, less spread or less attractive, then the next 8bar mel would sound more uplifting and more interesting. Like Beavis and Butthead once famously said, it's good that verse sucks because that makes the chorus sound better. And the chorus melody is not very commercial in the classic Cheiron way. Maybe good old Dennis would suggest to him to make chorus mel more simple, and to repeat more.
New Songs / Re: Anitta - Girl From Rio (Max Martin?)
« Last post by j.fco.morales on January 23, 2022, 08:41:48 PM »
Besides Max doesn't need collaborators that alre less skilled in the melody area. He needs fresh beat/arr makers to make his melodies modern and Ryan to my ear is also not stellar in that area.

Max's career in a sentence: absolutely agree with you Dagge.
The new album by HAIDUK [death metal]

Diabolica [2021]
https://haiduk.bandcamp.com

'Swarm'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE9rWWZi7l0

“The patented death/black/speed Metal rips your skull for 31 minutes” 4.5/5  –metal-rules

"A lot of eye-popping technical skill, intricate plotting, and brilliantly multifarious and mutated tonalities on display" -no clean singing

“Fast and unrelenting from start to end” 8/10  –metalbite

« Last post by Dagge on January 22, 2022, 08:53:29 PM »
Ryan Tedder is new Timbaland.

I respectfully doubt it. Besides Max doesn't need collaborators that alre less skilled in the melody area. He needs fresh beat/arr makers to make his melodies modern and Ryan to my ear is also not stellar in that area. He has his qualities and a string of success but I subjectively feel unlike Max he doesnt leave no stones unturned while composing. He seem to accept not the best solution possible, like so many others. Fun is that Max is still more meticulous in composing/producing today than many of those composers which are far less established. It should be vice versa.
« Last post by j.fco.morales on January 22, 2022, 05:45:53 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZAYLNdPYcP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Anitta's new single is Boys Don't Cry and is co written by Rami.
« Last post by nanofives on January 21, 2022, 12:18:06 PM »
I'm really into his way of promoting this song, let's see if all that TikTok promo pays off
« Last post by j.fco.morales on January 20, 2022, 07:18:33 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFsAon_TWPQ

Charlie Puth - Light Switch [Official Music Video]
New Songs / Re: The Weeknd - Dawn FM (Max Martin, Oscar Holter)
« Last post by McCartneyMartin on January 16, 2022, 06:25:49 PM »
You actually do. All mentioned producers were artists, adding their own artistic taste. That's why they lasted for a limited time period. When style changed they went out of fashion.

Max is different school. They analyse what is commercially appealable, try to mimic that while adding their own talent. This obviously works well for over two decades it maybe doesn't seem very artistic but they obviously love that approach, like so many other Swedish businesses. I think both approaches are valid.
I don't think it was because they are flavor of production went out of style it's because around 1991 is where they introduced soundscan which was a big catalyst for how we listen to music nowadays cuz before you used to be that billboard would call up the record shops and radio stations and tell them what was hot but now it's all about accurate sales and trying to cash in on what is the hottest trend. That resulted in shorter songs louder mixing less focus on instrumentation more focus on vocals and becoming more of a single market rather than an album market.

I think Max Martin would be nowhere it sounds scared never got implemented but would have probably gotten attention to his rock band and probably never becoming the producer he is now.
Interesting thoughts. PoP seem to be the most artistic guy among them, while others were more of a craftsman type. I wonder how would he cope with the even more advanced production requirements later on, taking into account his somehow limited playing and music theory skills (no pun intended).

He loved simplicity as shown on Ace of Base. But later BSB, N'Sync and Britney  were quite sophisticated in production, chords and melody, I wonder whether his simple approach would pass the public taste without the help of craftsmen around him. I think that's why he took them as collaborators, to fulfill his weaker points. I also admire him, this is a honest attempt to discover the whole picture more accurately.
Denniz PoP was the best. He was literally incredible. Look at the work he did and how he evolved. I believe that if Denniz was around in 2000, the Cheiron legacy would have continued with a new sound that would compete with Neptunes and all those who were dominating the charts back then. He was never afraid to change the style and always had this intuition for what was hot. He was simply one of those guys who built himself to last in pop music, just like Max learned to do at a later phase. Denniz Pop was a chameleon, adjusting his colours to his surroundings.

At the same time Denniz understood the power of teamwork, using Lundin's great ear for production and Max's ear for melody and harmony. Those members were really good at what they did, but Denniz was the master who knew it all, similar to what Max is now for MXM music.

Why was Rami brought in and was it Denniz that adviced Max to go for an 'urban' guy?
What was special about Andreas Carlsson back then, what was he specifically used for in the studio, what was his expertise?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10