• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Tove Lo - Lady Wood (new album)

Started by RuHa, March 27, 2014, 03:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9rcsx4z7Pg

Tove Lo about writing Habits.
She shares early demos of the song!

J_A24

That is so cool, thanks for sharing.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: j.fco.morales on February 18, 2015, 06:27:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9rcsx4z7Pg

Tove Lo about writing Habits.
She shares early demos of the song!

Awesome! Love this. Would be so great to get these behind the scenes looks at other pop songs. From a producer stand point as well. Cough cough-- Max. Luke. Katy songs.

Dr. Fleischman

That demo was awful but I love her anyway :).

There's also a video about making Talking Body.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8lFVDt_bjk

turnaround

I bought tickets for her show. I am excited to see her live.
And I liked it..

j.fco.morales

I thought they didn't re write the songs so many times.

Because it gets simpler and simpler...

turnaround

According to Shellback wikipedia site he produced something on the Tove Lo album.

Anyone has the CD an might check the booklet?

And I liked it..

Hazel_Scorpion

Oroz

Quote from: turnaround on April 07, 2015, 12:45:51 AM
According to Shellback wikipedia site he produced something on the Tove Lo album.

Anyone has the CD an might check the booklet?

Big Tove Lo fan here. I have the CD and there's no direct mention of Shellback but he and Max (I assume) are involved but under the name Wolf Cousins.

Most of the song are produced by The Struts (who I still don't know exactly who they are and would love to know). There are a couple of songs from other producers, one by Kyle Shearer (who actually posted in the forum) and another by Lucas Nord.

j.fco.morales

I think it's additional production or vocal production.

ShockdioN

turnaround

And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: turnaround on July 14, 2015, 06:48:24 PM
Timebomb version for the US.

http://www.republicplaybook.com/track/tove-lo-timebomb

Explosive.

the only difference i can make out is the vocals seem more present, "to the front"

j.fco.morales

Tove Lo was asked about Max Martin in a spanish webzine, I translated the questions for you :)
http://jenesaispop.com/2015/08/14/234259/tove-lo-creia-que-max-martin-era-un-sabelotodo/

What's the reason behind swedish pop music's quality?
I'm part of Max Martin & Shellback's songwriting team, whom are swedish as well, and I basically work with swedish people but, I have no idea why it is that way. Maybe it's because our english is very direct. We're clear and we like pop's simplicity. Something very important is, from such a young age, swedish people assists to public music schools. I went to one of them since I was very young. We also learn english and that's the reason of this american accent.

I read about Max Martin studying classical music since a very young age and that being the reason of the quality of his compositions, because just like classical compositions, the most important thing for him is the melody
That's true. Also, the way we speak is quite melodic. People from other countries points that our talking is like to be singing. But when people ask me about the success of swedish pop music I reply is a mystery to me too.

What is it like to work with Max Martin?
We did a couple of sessions, not for me but for someone else. He's really humble and very talented. He loves music and he's not the kind of guy that just puts his name on a song and that's it. Max works hard to make sure every song is perfect. I was very impressed, he's way different of what I thought he would be, but in a good way.

How do you think he was like?
I thought he would be a smartass, but when I got into the pop world I realised I tend to judge a lot without knowing. When I met him, I found a really nice, smart and ambitious guy and I felt bad about myself (laughs).

She talks about giving her songs to other people and says lots of people wanted to cut "Habits" and "Love Ballad".

Tell us something about Ellie Goulding's "Love Me Like You Do", you're one of co-writers:
That's what I meant: that song was written for her. People is like "why didn't you keep that one for yourself?", but we didn't wrote that one for me. If I kept it, I wouldn't feel like the song was mine, it wouldn't be authentic. About my work on the song, I just fixed the lyrics here and there and that's it: it's a bit like an undeserved fame about me writing the song. But it was great to be part of the team who did that one.