• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Normani - Motivation (Max Martin)

Started by turnaround, August 12, 2019, 06:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

Normani needs something unexpected, different and connected to her heritage. And a song with a statement.

This is playing way too safe.

Batwiddicalz

I honestly disagree. She debut with an alternative r&b track and nobody really dug it, plus it wasn't that exciting to perform. We never really get to see successful dark skinned black girls in the pop realm beyond a feature, and she has nothing but space and opportunity to expand that.

I do agree the production is whatever, but her vocals/backing vocals sound great. It's so simple. Sounds like if Britney and Rihanna did "Check On It" by Beyoncé. Normani is a game changer, I really hope we see more max on her project.

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Batwiddicalz on August 22, 2019, 06:37:26 AM
I honestly disagree. She debut with an alternative r&b track and nobody really dug it, plus it wasn't that exciting to perform. We never really get to see successful dark skinned black girls in the pop realm beyond a feature, and she has nothing but space and opportunity to expand that.

I do agree the production is whatever, but her vocals/backing vocals sound great. It's so simple. Sounds like if Britney and Rihanna did "Check On It" by Beyoncé. Normani is a game changer, I really hope we see more max on her project.

Her debut was the Khalid feature from the Love, Simon soundtrack. Then an EP, then Waves. 10m views at this day but nobody dig the song.

I can picture the new Jorja Smith single sung by Normani.

Batwiddicalz

How well did Waves chart? People on Twitter are literally complaining about Motivation being 'too pop' but paid dust to Waves. Always Waves was her first song as a SOLO artist, after Fifth Harmony, not Loves Lies, where she's featured.

Normani had the biggest range within the group of Fifth Harmony, so I'm excited to see what she'll give the world. Hopefull more Max Martin bops

j.fco.morales

New single "Wild Side" featuring Cardi B is out tomorrow.
Written by Pardison Fontaine, Keynon Moore, Normani, Cardi B & Starrah.
Produced by June Nawakii, Taylor Ross, Dave Cappa, Tyler Rohn, Starrah & Jonah Christian.
Mixed by Jaycen Joshua.

It's an R&B song. I'm excited.

A snippet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT9tjRdxU_0

melodicmoonlight

Super excited for this. I smell a banger

j.fco.morales

Reminds me of Aaliyah's One a Million and Rihanna's Needed Me.

And well, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE SONG.