• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Does anybody know how much Max Martin charges?

Started by Cheiron Meets Thizz, September 08, 2015, 02:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheiron Meets Thizz

I'm interested to know specifics of a deal that involves a Max Martin production. What's his producer fee? Does he get an advance on the production? (seems like an unnecessary aspect of accounting since his productions are likely to recoup). Also what percentage of royalties is he getting on his tracks?

bugmenot

AlexanderLaBrea

I would also love this information. Allthough, I know there is information on the "Teenage Dream" album and how much was spent on production, which gave a little indication, and it was a lot! But I can't find it.

Allthough, here is an interview with Bloodshy & Avant from 2008 where they say their production fee generally is above 50 000$ per song, and at the time of the interview, they had made over 7 million dollars only for "Toxic". 

http://www.gradvall.se/artiklar.asp?entry_id=358

One can only assume that Max makes more.

ShockdioN

Quote from: AlexanderLaBrea on September 08, 2015, 12:00:31 PM
I would also love this information. Allthough, I know there is information on the "Teenage Dream" album and how much was spent on production, which gave a little indication, and it was a lot! But I can't find it.

Allthough, here is an interview with Bloodshy & Avant from 2008 where they say their production fee generally is above 50 000$ per song, and at the time of the interview, they had made over 7 million dollars only for "Toxic". 

http://www.gradvall.se/artiklar.asp?entry_id=358

One can only assume that Max makes more.

for sure...

j.fco.morales

Timbaland charged US$100.000 for a track back in 2006.

I think he doesn't have a price: there must be a formula for royalties, his interest in the artist itself, etc.

sonnyblack2000

Producer fees went down across the board due to shrinking sales, the financial crisis and its aftermath and low cost of entry (anybody with a laptop can try to produce something)
Same thing for mixing engineers, i know a few that used to charge 5-6k per song and these days its around 1500-2500