• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Taylor Swift - Bad Blood (feat. Kendrick Lamar) from Album 1989 (Max Martin)

Started by gm33, November 18, 2013, 10:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Quote from: turnaround on August 21, 2014, 03:14:19 PM

To the experts: How long does it take to make a instrumental like this?

Top producers like Max and Shellback should take it 1-2 days to create the original instrumental. I can't listen to the karaoke version but if that's really an "industry", then they should get it ready in 1-2 days too, especially as they probably don't use real instruments.
Vila i frid Dag

AlexanderLaBrea

Probably a pretty accurate answer. 1-2 days to get it to its "pretty much finnished" form. Then again, Max, more than any other is known to be an extreme perfectionist, so it's probably not uncommon for him to spend a couple of extra days just finely adjusting kickdrum sounds and things. Though the vocals is the part that is the most time consuming I'd say.

B Steady

It depends on so much though.
Do you start the song with the production? --> are you writing the song while/after producing it?
Is the songwriting done before the production?
Do you already know which instuments you'd like to use?
How many real instuments are you using?

And I'm sure that they ALWAYS add extra elements to the production once the vocals are recorded.
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

Damn , it's a drug , I can't stop listening it.

turnaround

Live at the VMA:

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/videos/shake-it-off-live/1066927/#id=1729742

Max must be proud. 3 songs live on stage.  8) 8)
Even 4 if you count "One more night"

But weird: You hardly hear her in the chorus.

"Dark horse" and "Problem" won awards.
And I liked it..

B Steady

NUMBER 1, YES!!!

""Shake" arrives with 544,000 first-week downloads sold in the week ending Aug. 24, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The sum marks the greatest weekly total this year and the fourth-best bow all-time, two of which now belong to Swift. Flo Rida's "Right Round" began with 636,000 (Feb. 28, 2009), followed by Swift's "Together" (623,000, Sept. 1, 2012). Katy Perry's "Roar" ranks third with 557,000 sold in its first week (Aug. 31, 2013)."

--> http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6229439/taylor-swift-shake-it-off-no-1-hot-100-nicki-minaj-anaconda?mobile_redirection=false
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

18th #1 as songwriter and producer  8) 8)

Means:

#2 on the "Producers with the most number-one singles" list after George Martin (#23s)

#3 on the "Songwriters with most number-one singles" list after John Lennon (26 #1s) and Paul McCartney (32 #1s)
And I liked it..

B Steady

"I will never stop - until you're mine!" - Max Martin about the #1 spot of "Songwriters with most number-one singles" :D
Vila i frid Dag

Polarmachine

Is that a real quote bsteady?
Actually I think he will beat it!
Anyways congratulations to max and "shelly"

B Steady

Yes it's a real quote. Not from Max Martin though :D I'm sure you know it :P
Vila i frid Dag

Polarmachine

googled it and found it in an Nsync song  ;)

B Steady

Quote from: Polarmachine on August 28, 2014, 10:56:11 AM
googled it and found it in an Nsync song  ;)

How can you be part of the Cheiron forum and not know this song?!? :o
Vila i frid Dag

Rebecca

Amazing news! Another no.1 for Max and Shellback! well deserved.

I loved Taylor's performance at VMA's, just great. I thought her vocals were pretty good.

@BSteady, I love the quote from NSync - totally true!

B Steady

I love the fact that she's singing "movin" in the first pre chorus and "groovin" in the second one. All about the details ;)
Vila i frid Dag