• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Wanna Meet Max Martin?

Started by gm33, January 27, 2010, 04:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gm33

I'm not sure if any of us here have ever met Max, but judging by the responses to a quiz I posted last year, it seems as if all of us would love to meet Max more than anyone else in the world. Sadly, trying to meet Max is harder than trying to meet many other celebrities. At least with actors/recording artists there are contests, book/album signings, concerts, TV studio appearances, etc., but in this is not the case with Max. There are simply zero opportunities (please correct me if I'm wrong about this!). If you aren't a recording artist, it just simply isn't happening.

That said, I propose that we as a group write an open letter to Mr. Sandberg, signed by all willing members of this forum. I'd like to suggest that he allow us, for one time only, to visit him in his studio for a chance for his biggest fans to meet him. We would make it clear that we aren't interested in meeting any one famous, hearing anything that wasn't released, learning any trade secrets, trying to get a job, digging into his personal life, asking "What's the real reason Cheiron closed?", or anything like that– just a real opportunity to meet the person we admire. We respect that he is a deeply private person, and would not ask for any more than literally an hour.  Judging by the Q/A on his web sites, I feel there are tons of requests for instrumentals, demos, recording contracts, etc. We need to make it clear that our only motive is to meet him and ask for nothing in return. No PR, no press,no interviews just us fans. ( A photo would be awesome though! :) )

I know this is a pie in the sky idea, but I think it's worth a shot. I'm not sure where any of you live, but I would be willing to travel from the East Coast of the US if this were to happen in Stockholm.

I've been waiting for an opportunity like this for about the past 14 years!

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Raul_esp

woww it would be a dream , the biggest dream of my life , anyway i see it very hard :'(

*Sabine*

I'm totally in!! It would be my biggest dream too. Entering the studio, meeting him and having a pic, that would just be WOW!! There are really few chances it turns out to happen but we have nothing to lose. Precising we are not interested in asking private questions about his life or job is a good idea too.
I live in France but if that was possible, I'd totally go to Stockholm! I love the country and it would just be the PERFECT pretect to come back there! Let's see how many people are interested here before we go into action!

Feelgoodlies

I'm totally in as well. I hope all of us meet and go to him, it's great idea.

Some suggestions I didn't think were good like getting a job in the studio or digging his personal life, because that's what most of us don't like. But I liked the "sharing secrets" idea musically maybe it will work, I also liked the unrleased material thing, omg does he have ones?!

Izalightblue

Oh, this seems to be  a cool idea. I am in. I live in Brazil, but I could go to Stockholm to meet you guys there.

Raul_esp

and how could we contact with him ??  :P

Rebecca

Oh I'm totally in as well. I'm in Sydney but could make my way to Stockholm!! assuming it wasn't the same time as my super busy time at work
Also it would be really fun to meet everyone on the forum as well!

I think it would be very difficult though, he might not want to be bothered by fans. However, it's worth an ask, he can only say no! I suppose there's the email address on maratone's website.

Feelgoodlies

A no answer would be so rude actually. We won't lose anything, at least we're gonna meet each other and maybe take pictures in front of Maratone or Cheiron previously;D. No, seriosuly do you think we'll be refused if we went there and asked to see him?!

gm33

Wow, you are all getting my hopes up now. But I can't believe this could (even if it's 1% chance) happen.... :)

I was thinking we mail the letter, rather than e-mail. We can compose the letter as a group online, 'sign' all of our names at the bottom, and then one of us can print and mail (to the Repslagargatan address). It would seem a little more official and sincere than e-mail.

I'm thinking we propose something in July or August? We all have to be able to make it, but need to give him the most flexibility.

Key Points:

• Our only motive is to meet Max; not other recording artists, producers, etc. (Of course if they are there that's okay too!)
  • It would be great to meet in the studio, but I would still go if it were anywhere (his restaurant?)
  • We are fans of his work, and there's no other opportunity to meet him (as there might be with other celebrities)
  • We respect his privacy and would not ask anything inappropriate/confidential
  • We aren't looking for a job/ or a place to screen our demos
  • We aren't for insider info that he doesn't want to discuss (such as unreleased work, his relationship with other Cheiron guys, etc.)
  • We are fans from all over the world and would travel for this one-time event

-----------------------------------------------------------
"I was writing with Max Martin and Johan Shellback who are two of my absolute songwriting heroes, they are just absolute melodic geniuses." - Taylor Alison Swift,  August 2012

Izalightblue

Rebecca

I don't think a 'no' answer would be rude, I wouldn't be offended. Max is not like a celebrity where he needs fans. Julian from Cheiron site contacted Rami last year I think to ask to meet him, first he said yes, but nothing came of it, however I think it was the time that Rami was leaving Maratone and working in LA.

I think mailing it is a nice idea too

jarle

Linda

JackSnr

I'm in. It's worth a shot, right?

malcolm hogg

I'd be there like a shot. Anytime last 2 weeks of August would be perfecto for me.
A childrens song, have you listened as they play? There song is love, and the children know the way!  B.Wilson/V.D. Parks. Brian Wilson presents Smile.