• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max Martin's company MXM Music AB

Started by turnaround, June 02, 2012, 11:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Anyone knows something about it? Is Maratone AB no more?

Did he split up with Tom Talomaa?

Here are some information about MXM Music AB.

Positions
Board member Karl Martin Sandberg (f 1971)
Deputy Gert Erik Staffan Boström (b 1950)
Auditor Curt Åke Johansson (born 1952)

http://www.proff.se/befattningshavare/mxm-music-ab/stockholm/-/5566203161/

This site is very interesting.

http://www.proff.se/befattning/karl-martin-sandberg-/-/10695674/
And I liked it..

Gus_Pin

that company is started in 2001 so i don't think anything new has happened.
Martin is running alot of different music companies..so of course some of the songs will come from Mxm  :)

turnaround

Ah yes, it's quite old. But some of the new songs are published on MXM. Any reason for this?
And I liked it..

RuHa

http://www.121.nu/onetoone/person/Karl_Martin_Sandberg/552984f0bfc9f1db668517e2b2e91e4d

This is a really great site if you're interested in his different companies. It's in swedish though but there's a lot of info about everything from revenue to equity.  :)

edit: Didn't check your site before i posted, but the sites are quity similiar..  =)

Joshua

There's a news post on cheiron-music.com that shows some liner notes for Usher's "Scream", produced by Max & Shellback for MXM Productions, and recorded at MXM Studios, Stockholm. Hmmm.

davegeenz

Very good investigations team.  I've visited the Maratone building a few times on vacations to Stockholm (as well as Max's great restaurant East)... Who wants to join me on my next excursion to stake out the MXM Music building?   ;)

Eddie Krommer

Maybe it's because of record companies contracts. Maratone works with some and MXM with others. Remember when Cheiron was attached to BMG and Jive, now Dr. Luke works exclusively for Sony labels. That could solve this big mistery  ;)

davegeenz

Hmm more good sleuthing.  I didn't realise Dr Luke had signed a Sony-exclusive deal. How long ago was that? That'll annoy a few artists at rival record companies who're looking for a quick hit I'm sure!

davegeenz

Thanks for that Eddie, really interesting article.  I knew Dr Luke had been given the Kemosabe label for his work, but I didn't realise the deal also came with a Sony-exclusive restriction!

The article mentions Dr Luke not being able to work with Katy Perry any more... did the singles "Part of Me" and "Wide Awake" sneak in by being recorded pre-November 2011 (even though the releases were later, or do you think he's managed to negotiate some sort of loophole for one of his biggest artists if he's working as part of a combo team with Max or others?

Fair play to Dr Luke for signing a lucrative deal, it just seems a shame if it restricts his songs to artists from just one of the (admittedly now pretty giant) major record companies, when there could be a better fit with an artist at the other major.

Joshua

Quote from: Eddie Krommer on October 02, 2012, 06:53:42 PM
Maybe it's because of record companies contracts. Maratone works with some and MXM with others. Remember when Cheiron was attached to BMG and Jive, now Dr. Luke works exclusively for Sony labels. That could solve this big mistery  ;)

Hmm you might be onto something. But I was thinking, if they were locked into a contract like that, surely a record label wouldn't allow them to just change their name to get around it when they wanted to work for other labels, what would be the point?