• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Jessie J - It's My Party

Started by j.fco.morales, August 06, 2013, 11:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j.fco.morales

The second single from Jessie J's second album.

Features production from Max Martin & Shellback.

I'm not really feeling it though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdTqEu_2ss4

B Steady

I've been hoping so much for a Jessie & MXM collaboration but then again this song is pretty disappointing. It sounds like a demo of "Raise Your Glass" (which I really like) to me. I can't even imagine that this song will grow on me. It's not bad at all but it's simply sub standard, especially for a Max & Shellback production.
Vila i frid Dag

Raul_esp

Average song , I Can't hear Max Here.

B Steady

Quote from: Raul_esp on August 07, 2013, 02:48:37 AM
Average song , I Can't hear Max Here.

I think it sounds pretty much like Raise Your Glass, but more like a demo ... still I can hear Max here :)
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

I'm with you guys, it's generic, boring and uninspired. I'm really hoping they didn't write on this.

turnaround

Writing credits say:

Jessica Cornish, Claude kelly, John Larderi & Colin Norman

Interesting. After Rock N Roll another song they just produced and did not co-write.
And I liked it..

Rebecca

agree, this is disappointing. I don't mind it, but it's not up to the Max/Shellbacl standard.

Raul_esp

Quote from: turnaround on August 07, 2013, 12:01:36 PM
Writing credits say:

Interesting. After Rock N Roll another song they just produced and did not co-write.

Then it can be the cause , it sounds for me like a fail attempt for imitate the Max sound.

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: turnaround on August 07, 2013, 12:01:36 PM
Writing credits say:

where do people get this information from? Where does it say It's My Party was produced by Shellback and Max? it barely sounds like a Max/Shellback production. no way is it tight enough. the vocal production is lacking and the guitar sounds like a knock off.

Same with Rock N Roll - it still hasn't been confirmed that Max Martin produced it.

B Steady

Well there are so many people/sites saying it and also these songs sound like them. Not their best work, but you can hear some typical elements.
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

The writing credits are from iTunes. But the production information isn't listed there. So I don't believe it until someone had the booklet in their hands :)
Same for "Rock N Roll"
And I liked it..

melodicmoonlight

Quote from: turnaround on August 07, 2013, 07:24:57 PM
The writing credits are from iTunes. But the production information isn't listed there. So I don't believe it until someone had the booklet in their hands :)
Same for "Rock N Roll"

thank you.

everyone assumed that Max produced Rock N Roll just because it was published under his publishing. However, Avril worked with all new people/producers on this album. she never mentioned working with Luke or Max.

Quote from: B Steady on August 07, 2013, 07:24:23 PM
Well there are so many people/sites saying it and also these songs sound like them. Not their best work, but you can hear some typical elements.

so just because "so many people/sites saying it" means that it's true? ever since Rock N Roll came out I never thought it was produced by Max. and even if he did - you saying it's not his best work? in this day and age, if Max is gonna produce a song, believe it's gonna be killer.

j.fco.morales

Rock n' Roll actually sounds like a Max Martin produced song.

Joshua

Yeah some of those music news blogs and websites do have a bad habit of labeling a lot of new pop tracks as being Max or Luke's work.

I think I may have found a possible link for Avril though. Someone on ATRL mentioned that Emblem 3's "Chloe" is also published by MXM, with zero Max involvement. But guess who wrote on it... Peter Svensson. Same deal with "Rock N Roll", so maybe Peter works under MXM and has managed to pull in publishing for some songs he works on?

As for Jessie J, I'd say someone's just made a bad assumption based on the sound of the track.

Feelgoodlies

It sounds likea mix of  Raise Your Glass + Domino ... I thought it's a nice track though!