• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

The Weeknd - new single "Blinding Lights" (Max Martin, O. Holter)

Started by turnaround, April 20, 2015, 07:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polarmachine

i like the synthpads and the production overall. Maybe something more could happen during the last chorus.

I think it is the most unpredictable song Max've written in a while. It FEELS like it got a wierd structure but it really has a basic popstructure. The verse really doesn't sound like a verse melody wise to me. So after the chorus it goes in to the verse but it kind of feel like it is a post chorus that goes straight into the pre chorus. I dunno what my thoughts are yet, I have to listen more, it's quite addictive though. And fun.
Savan tweeted it's his best work ever or something like that. hmm
What do you guys think?

j.fco.morales

I think it is because it's not a straight pop song.
Just like Baby One More Time, for example.

I wonder about the double entendre of "can't feel my face".

Rebecca

I love "I Can't Feel My Face". I would never have guessed this was Max though.

I have no idea what they mean by "I can't feel my face" - is it just referring to drugs?

B Steady

if it's The Weeknd, your first guess got to be drugs.
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

The song is currently #6 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Get that #1 :)
And I liked it..

B Steady

Thread title change please!!! New album coming out on August 28 one day before Michael Jackson's birthday and two days before Denniz PoP's dying day and it's called Beauty Behind The Madness!

Just bought Can't Feel My Face cause the anticipation for this album is too big! :-*
Vila i frid Dag

B Steady

and YES! The Weeknd will have a Billboard Single #1 with this song! 8)
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

bugmenot

Taylor Swift perform Can't Feel My Face with her best friend The Weeknd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxVhX-cYt2o

probably she's making a compliment to Martin.

B Steady

Quote from: bugmenot on July 11, 2015, 09:35:32 AM
Taylor Swift perform Can't Feel My Face with her best friend The Weeknd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxVhX-cYt2o

probably she's making a compliment to Martin.

"with her best friend" :D

What a weird combination but yet so awesome! So happy for Abel he got that opportunity to promote his song and album!
I imagine going to a Taylor Swift concert just because a friend wanted me to go with them and then all of a sudden The Weeknd comes on stage. Then I would've said his performance alone was worth the money. All hail Abel!
Vila i frid Dag

Rebecca

wow, I loved that performance! what a great combination.

melodicmoonlight

j.fco.morales

Taylor improved a lot her vocals, she sounds a lot better now.

And I don't think she has the rhythm to earn the song. She did a good job, though.

B Steady

besides his voice his hair is the most flawless thing this world has witnessed yet
Vila i frid Dag