• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Alexander AC Castillo - Dr Luke related producer

Started by j.fco.morales, November 28, 2016, 09:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snipes3000

Quote from: getawaydriver on September 10, 2021, 02:17:09 AM
These are all bangers. The drum programming in Spanish pop currently is next-level.
What do you mean exactly? The rhythm of the drums or the sound design? These latin rhythms aren't commercially working in the US (although there are few exceptions) for several reasons.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Snipes3000 on September 10, 2021, 01:17:18 PM
What do you mean exactly? The rhythm of the drums or the sound design? These latin rhythms aren't commercially working in the US (although there are few exceptions) for several reasons.

Several reasons? Which ones? I'm curious.

Snipes3000

Inter alia historical roots and its developments have contributed to a certain taste or preference (to elaborta in a nutshell, social environment contributed thereto. For example certain circumstances contributed to the people forget their drum culture from africa while other social environments turned a prohibition of using drums into a new culture of steel drum bands); taste of the masses (US crowd is used to other rhythms); the latin drums create a rhythmic drive rather than melodic and the rhythmic market in the US is roughly run by Afro-Americans of which the mass has a different taste than latin drum rhythm patterns (going from negro spirituals to soul, to blues to funk etc, which don't really overlap with latin); A huge portion of the US charts is still melodic driven music opposed to rhythmic driven songs; I can go on and stipulated several factors but they all contribute to one conclusion: US mass is not (yet) used enough to those latin rhythms. Certain sub cultures are used to it, but I'm talking about the mass.
Hi, I'm Luke and I'm sitting on my throne! Oh, and have you noticed that Denniz PoP songs are extremely hooky?