• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Apple Music

Started by turnaround, July 01, 2015, 08:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turnaround

Anyone already tried Apple Music.

I signed up for the free trial and so far it looks quite nice.

A big plus, you have artists that are not available at other streaming services. (even the 1989 Karaoke album  :-* :-* which is very interesting to listen to but I would not spend the full price for it)

Big minus: You can't access the songwriting credits. If they fix this this would be a reason to switch from Spotify as there will be an Android app.

In general I think it's good to have another big name in the business of streaming as the services have tougher competition now.

Let's see how the download numbers develop, at least Apple will pay artists in the free trial time of the user, that was made Taylor Swift willing to agree to add 1989 to Apple music.

And I liked it..

Rebecca

Thanks Turnaround, it sounds quite good. It sucks there's not songwriting information.

turnaround

By the way - to all the streaming haters.

Don't you think you support artists more when you stream?

For every play of a song the artists gets money (little money but gets some)

A CD or download buyer pays ONCE and maybe plays the song a million times - but the artist has no revenue from that.
And I liked it..

Jules

Quote from: turnaround on July 02, 2015, 04:01:31 PM
By the way - to all the streaming haters.

Don't you think you support artists more when you stream?

For every play of a song the artists gets money (little money but gets some)

A CD or download buyer pays ONCE and maybe plays the song a million times - but the artist has no revenue from that.

Was that supposed to be a serious post?
How come so many songwriters complain about the streaming services if it's allegedly paying so well?

No doubt though, streaming for money is better than stealing.

And for me personally, I still don't like the idea of paying for something that I don't get to keep.
I love to spend my money on music, but I wanna get a product for that money that I can handle 100% restriction free!!

B Steady

Quote from: Jules on July 02, 2015, 04:40:37 PM
Was that supposed to be a serious post?

No doubt though, streaming for money is better than stealing.

And for me personally, I still don't like the idea of paying for something that I don't get to keep.
I love to spend my money on music, but I wanna get a product for that money that I can handle 100% restriction free!!

I was wondering the same. and I agree with the rest of your post.

@turnaround: it's not little money, it's not even tiny money!
I also showed you the billing where the artist earned with around 1400 plays the half of what he would've earned with ONE song purchase. I guess this answers your support question.
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Artists don't get money from distribution. If an artist get a good deal, can get 5% of the revenue from sales.
Portishead received US$2500 from 34 millons of Spotify streams.

Streaming services are a good business for them, not for the artists.
Also, I prefer to have the files or buy cd's.

turnaround

There is enough money in the system and spotify pays billions of USD to the labels and right holders. If they dont share it fairly it is definetely not my fault. They should complain to their labels not the consumers.

Good read

http://www.spotifyartists.com/spotify-explained/
And I liked it..

B Steady

but you can decide if you want to support this unfair system or not.
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Luckily no one is forced to consume music in just one way. I like a good mixture of streaming, downloading (when it makes sense) and physical cds to add to my collection.

Recently I often visited concerts of artists I have not bought the album but streamed it a lot.
And I liked it..

B Steady

I'd say that's a good compromise: if you only stream an album go to the tour. However this won't satify the producers.

If an album is great or I love the artist anyway I buy the CD. Good albums I download for money. If a good album turns out to be great - I'll buy the CD as well :D and when I love the artist I also go to their concerts!
Vila i frid Dag

j.fco.morales

Quote from: B Steady on July 02, 2015, 08:11:49 PM
but you can decide if you want to support this unfair system or not.

That's the point. I talked about this with some friends the other day: it's amazing that a huge catalogue is available for people to listen if interested.
The thing is, having more information about musicianship, I decided to not use streaming services because I don't support their strategy.

turnaround

Are we talking about free (ad) streaming or subscriptions? I pay 120 € the year for streaming alone. I believe that's more money than the average German spends on music.

Plus I buy CDs, concert tickets. I hate this ridiculous "streaming is evil" attitude.
And I liked it..

B Steady

Quote from: turnaround on July 02, 2015, 09:43:55 PM
I hate this ridiculous [...] streaming[,] i[t']s evil [...]

agreed!
Vila i frid Dag

Jules

Quote from: turnaround on July 20, 1974, 10:10:23 PM
I hate this ridiculous "streaming is evil" attitude.

Yet you seem to be alone with your opinion.  ::)