• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

What do you think of Max Martin's contribution to Adele's '25'

Started by Cheiron Meets Thizz, January 02, 2016, 10:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheiron Meets Thizz

It's a good song but I just don't see why he didn't take the opportunity to get an easy #1 with her. What do you think? I don't think it's a stand out song

Rebecca

I like the song, but I don't love it. However, I'm not a huge fan of Adele. This song suits her though. I suppose there's no chance of it being a hit now as all her fans have bought the album and so there's no need for them to buy a single. Probably if it had been the first single it would have hit No.1.

Cheiron Meets Thizz

Actually I just heard the song playing on the radio in a store today. I think it sounded much better in this context, it didn't stand out to me when I heard it on the album but separately it does stand out on it's own as a good single and it goes really well with her lead single. I think it could be another #1 with the success she's having

Rebecca

yeah, it's totally grown on me! I have had it stuck in my head the last few days. I love it now. I might even be warming to Adele too!

volkanyurdabak

I love the song, too. It is actually catchy. It's kind of slower version of Ellie Goulding's On My Mind.

nanofives

The song it's pretty impressive. Considering the Max Martin songs timeline of 2015, Adele really put a stop on max on keeping her style while being catchy enough to make it straight to Nº1 if it was a single. Also, it's the only collab he had with Shellback last year (without including Bad Blood with kendrick), maybe they recorded that in 2014? Adele said in the interview that he heard Max for the first time back in 2013 when Ryan Tedder told her who made Blank Space while Adele was listening on the radio, weird.

bugmenot

Quoteonly collab he had with Shellback last year

Is it true? So he calls him only for the most budding artists?

Rebecca

Quote from: bugmenot on January 27, 2016, 06:21:50 AM
Is it true? So he calls him only for the most budding artists?

I don't know for sure, but I read somewhere that Shellback took a break as he was totally burnt out after the Taylor album.
but yeah, maybe they did record it in 2014.

j.fco.morales

Yep, we haven't heard from Shellback in a while.

I think his latest placement was Carly Rae Jepsen's Run Away With Me.

nanofives

I am pretty sure he worked on september/october/november co-writing that Vamps song "Rest Your Love" they rushed quickly to get out their second album.
I don't know either how much Shellback was involved in the song as he is credited as the third or fourth co-writer, but it's good to see him hanging around with Rami and Carl again, like he did back in those 1D days.

But yes, it was a fairly relaxed year for him.

j.fco.morales

I think the song was written last year.
Sounds too much like Cher Lloyd.

Cheiron Meets Thizz

Quote from: j.fco.morales on January 27, 2016, 09:10:51 PM
Yep, we haven't heard from Shellback in a while.

I think his latest placement was Carly Rae Jepsen's Run Away With Me.

I read this and I thought you were talking about Max Martin . . I really wish he worked with her. I love how affectionate her voice is

nanofives

Max Martin had already a taste of Carly, maybe he wasn't that satisfied with her?
Also Max was her first taste of the swedish team, see Kiss (there's some of Klas Ahlund in the deluxe tracks too), but the rest of the team didn't know Carly, maybe Max recommended to the rest of the team (Shellback, Mattman and robin, Rami and Carl, Peter Svensson). I hope she gets involved with sweden again for het next album, maybe the ones that are missing (I'm looking at you Ilya, Ali P and Alexander kronlund :P).

j.fco.morales

Carly Rae toplining/songwriting over an Ali Payami track would be a dream come true.