• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

As Long As You Love Me Demo on Spotify

Started by B Steady, May 19, 2016, 09:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Hey guys,

if you wanna hear an earlier version of As Long As You Love Me go to Spotify and search for the song on the US version of the "Backstreet Boys" album.
I don't know if this was actually on the CD back then but I can't imagine that ...
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Very good find!

Here is the version: https://open.spotify.com/track/6bH2owMgMDNW6zygbotS49

It's extremely interesting. There are many details missing in that version and the mix is very rough. There are even different notes in the bass. I really wonder what is the story behind this.

And I liked it..

B Steady

Quote from: turnaround on May 19, 2016, 09:40:54 PM
I really wonder what is the story behind this.

... also if Max Martin is aware that this version is on Spotify ;D
Vila i frid Dag

turnaround

Just found this on wikipedia:

QuoteDue to an error on the part of someone in the production chain, an early mix of "As Long As You Love Me" was included on Backstreet's Back and the 1997 US Backstreet Boys album. The mistake was corrected in the second pressing of the US debut album released in 1998. This allegedly annoyed writer and producer Max Martin. This early version subsequently became the version released as a single to radio and video. It has different instrumentation and mixing, as well as a slightly different structure, very similar to their previous US single, "Quit Playing Games (with My Heart)". The final version is usually listed as the "Radio" or "Video Version".

Quotehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_Long_as_You_Love_Me_(Backstreet_Boys_song)
And I liked it..

J_A24

This is the version I have on my CD. It was my 8th birthday present.