• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Are Dr. Luke & Cirkut will.i.am's teachers?

Started by B Steady, April 21, 2013, 01:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Steady

Album: #willpower
Songs: Geekin' ; Far Away From Home

According to the booklet (I bought the CD) both songs are produced by will.i.am only. Dr. Luke & Cirkut are just named as writers. But if you listen to the songs they sound like produced by Dr. Luke, Cirkut & will.i.am! Also both songs were recorded at Dr. Luke's home studio. I think the songs were also produced at his home studio because will.i.am is obviously using their sounds. I mean Luke & Cirk are so big in the game, they never would produce something if they didn't get mentioned especially since they produced a song on the album indeed (Fall Down). So I think they provided their plug ins for will.i.am and maybe also showed him a bit how they use it and probably will.i.am is really a mastermind and able to copy their style. Also I think he's underrated because he's doing lots of "cheap" music.
The verses and the bridge of "Far Away From Home" sound like a copy of "Va Va Voom", especially the synth in the verses is the typical Cirkut synth.
Another possibility is that they helped will.i.am with everything a bit and at the end they settled on they'll be listed as writers.

What do you think? :)
Vila i frid Dag

georg_e

Hi B Steady......just wondering since you have the booklet can you tell me if it says who composed/arranged the string part on "Fall Down"? I found on another tracklisting that Onree Gill had arranged (and composed on one) other orchestra parts, but didn't have the info for "Fall Down".  Thanks!!

B Steady

wrote it in the appropriate topic and now back 2 topic ...
Vila i frid Dag

AdamKhan

They 100% do sound like they were produced by Dr Luke and Cirk. You Know 20 - 30 years ago the record producers job (how they made beats/songs) was to guide musicians to play certain parts if you know what i mean. Maybe this is the case here. William said he wants a beat like this blah blah blah and Dr Luke and Cirkuit presented the tracks...But this is a wierd situation lol

I don't think he's underated here in Europe/UK maybe USA. 'Scream and Shout' was 1 in lots of countries and that other tune Max Martin was involved with.

B Steady

Quote from: AdamKhan on April 23, 2013, 05:24:52 AM
They 100% do sound like they were produced by Dr Luke and Cirk. You Know 20 - 30 years ago the record producers job (how they made beats/songs) was to guide musicians to play certain parts if you know what i mean. Maybe this is the case here. William said he wants a beat like this blah blah blah and Dr Luke and Cirkuit presented the tracks...But this is a wierd situation lol

I don't think he's underated here in Europe/UK maybe USA. 'Scream and Shout' was 1 in lots of countries and that other tune Max Martin was involved with.
Apart from the synth in the Far Away From Home verse the productions sound rather like a Dr. Luke & Cirkut copy. Hence it would make sense that will.i.am has used their sounds. The productions simply don't sound as perfect as they usually do when they're from Luke & Cirkut. Furthermore aren't Luke & Cirk musicians to guide!

Underrated doesn't mean not successful. It was meant like he has produce lots of cheap sounding music in the last few years. I think he is always searching for the worst sounds and then he tries to make a hit out of them ;D and he is very good at it! I like him!! And #willpower is great IMO!
Vila i frid Dag

Axel

I think what we need to give will.i.am credit for is that you can simply can't get his songs out of your head once you hear them... And he achieves with the absolute minimum of instrumentation. And I think that's quite an achievement. So he IS doing something right.

B Steady

Quote from: Axel on April 23, 2013, 03:42:06 PM
I think what we need to give will.i.am credit for is that you can simply can't get his songs out of your head once you hear them... And he achieves with the absolute minimum of instrumentation. And I think that's quite an achievement. So he IS doing something right.

Yeah of course, he's a genius actually. Especially Boom Boom Pow and The Time (Dirty Bit), also Scream & Shout and #thatPOWER are great!
Vila i frid Dag

Joshua

I appreciate that he's huge and people love his music, but for some reason it just doesn't gel with me at all, especially tracks like "Boom Boom Pow" and "The Time (Dirty Bit)"... they seem so focused on obscure production that they end up being really average in the writing department.

nznexus

i must say will.i.am one of the down to earth persons i know

he is very funny... :-\

music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

nznexus

I recorded this. this was the best session ever with will i am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNKAMNMy7vk

if u have not watched this ...yet
music producer nexus is running a channel called the ellie goulding resource. only the best ellie goulding news, photos, interviews, photoshoots.

j.fco.morales

Actually, I think Luke doesn't do anything more than extra tweaking or telling "change this and change that" to Henry's beats.
Then they sent the tracks to the songwriters of their own publisher and choose the best idea of all to work on it.

And will.i.am must be a ghostwriter/ghostproducer: he receives an extra amount of money for "being" a cowriter/coproducer.

Lots of established artists do that, I told you the story in another thread :)