• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Anyone like "Break Free" ? Does it sound like a 100% Max Top Line?

Started by RoyFan, October 07, 2014, 06:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyFan

I must admit, I'm getting hooked on "Break Free" by Arianna Grande.  Zedd is truly a master at making good tracks that don't always use those common chord progressions. 
In terms of just pure tracks I'd actually put him up with Luke already at his young age.(though he obviously can't top line like Luke)   He's done soooo many great tracks just this year.

The only other 2 writers on the song are Max and Savan.  I think Savan is a "Max Disciple" yes?  So I'm tempted to say the top line was all Max but does anyone know?
Tried to read on the Internet and no answer yet.   Though I know some of the lyrics were Max's because Arianna laughed about how they argued about them not making sense.

RoyFan

Thanks... but still not sure after reading your link if the top line was all Max?  there's another writer besides Zedd and Max

royeei

It sounds like Max's topline because the chorus of " Break free" is almost the the same like the chorus of "Roar".
About Savan, he is Kristian Lundin's and Max's disciple , but i will tell you that Max is a topline master and during his career he always uses a "lyrics prostitute" now it is Savan, it was Andreas many years ago , it was Katy perry and Bonnie Mckee in Katy's songs and Hold it against me and some more, and more people like Lisa Miskovsky etc'.

sweetmelody

Royeei is right, Max usually has a lot to do with the topline when he is a writer on the song. I know from various interviews that Savan writes melodies as well, especially in his work outside of Max, but this really sounds like a Max thing. That said, being a Max disciple, I'm also sure much of what Savan does comes from Max's wisdom anyway.

RoyFan

Quote from: royeei on October 07, 2014, 01:17:20 PM
tell you that Max is a topline master and during his career he always uses a "lyrics prostitute" now it is Savan,more,

LOL!!! I love it! Lyrics Prostitute! Well it's SLIGHTLY more noble than a "call girl" wouldn't you say? They're creating art.

Anyway - a thought - Since Zedd seems to be churning out TOP notch tracks seemingly without end, what a great combo Max-Zedd would be.
As incredible as Max is at Top Lining, A good track makes it sound much better we all would agree yes?  I can't wait to hear more Zedd-Max.

Another btw - have always wondered if Zedd really produces his tracks from A to Z.  I saw a film of other people in the studio working with him.
He is usually the only producer credit so I would think he does.  But it's just so impressive at such a young age to do it ALL.  The piano, the lead synths, everything.

Anyone know or thoughts?

royeei

RoyFan of course it was a joke ( prostitute ) , but i wanted to say that Savan is not a top level melodies writer in all time scale like Max is, and this forum exists only because there is one songwriter ( Max) who create some all-time  level songs, the main thing that makes songs to be top level is - melody and this is Max's expertise, so i guess he has no patience to write lyrics and he uses those "" prostitutes"" to put together with his high level melodies, so they do make art but those lyricist play a role that could be played by many others, something that we cant say about Max's top line ability!

I cant judge Zedd skills, but personally i would prefer Kristian Lundin producing Max's songs.

Jules

j.fco.morales

It's so easy to put the hard work of other in your pocket and act like it's nothing.

So disrespectful.

royeei

Quote from: j.fco.morales on October 08, 2014, 07:31:07 PM
It's so easy to put the hard work of other in your pocket and act like it's nothing.

So disrespectful.

In case you said it on my things, so you are totally wrong, i have a lot of respect to anyone who puts a lot of hard work in is art or any other work, but you dont expect from me to tell you about every songwriter that he is top level in all-time scale like Denniz or especially max.

Jules

Quote from: royeei on October 08, 2014, 03:05:32 PM
Ok, because of Denniz Pop as well.

And because of Kristian Lundin, Andreas Carlsson, Rami Yacoub, Alexander Kronlund, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Jörgen Elofsson, Herbie Crichlow, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and Alexandra Talomaa.

Thank you very much.

royeei

Quote from: Jules on October 09, 2014, 05:48:26 PM
And because of Kristian Lundin, Andreas Carlsson, Rami Yacoub, Alexander Kronlund, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Jörgen Elofsson, Herbie Crichlow, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and Alexandra Talomaa.

Thank you very much.

Of course like everyone here i more than respect and love those people , and i think most of us thought at least one time that Denniz Pop taught them some great secrets. but ( and it is my opinion ) i think Max is the only one that he is top level in all-time scale, he has almost all responsible to the " BNB " ( Backstreet , Nsync , Britney ) 3 huge successes in very short time and those successes took Cheiron from a good production house  to something that we still love more than 15 years after.

Jules

Quote from: royeei on October 10, 2014, 02:21:00 AM
Of course like everyone here i more than respect and love those people , and i think most of us thought at least one time that Denniz Pop taught them some great secrets. but ( and it is my opinion ) i think Max is the only one that he is top level in all-time scale, he has almost all responsible to the " BNB " ( Backstreet , Nsync , Britney ) 3 huge successes in very short time and those successes took Cheiron from a good production house  to something that we still love more than 15 years after.

You obviously didn't do your homework.
Check BSB's, Britney's and *NSYNC's credits of their most successful songs and you will find many of the above names expect for Max.

No doubt he's the one songwriter out of the 13 who is the most successful to date.
Still they all got famous because of CHEIRON, not because of one single songwriter.