• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

How Do You Experience Max/Cheiron Melodies?

Started by Addicted2Melody, May 31, 2016, 05:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Addicted2Melody

I've been lurking hard on this forum for a few years now and had rarely seen this topic. Thought it might merit some interesting discussion. 

I believe the majority of us are interested in these Swedish Songs because we are super sensitive to the incredible feelings that these songwriters/producers elicit through melody. We're clearly not the average top 40 listeners. Max and his fellow Swedes (and non-Swedes obviously - Luke, Benny, and Bonnie I see you!) are the most visibly consistent at creating these audio pleasure troves and we have taken time to seek out a website dedicated specifically to the discussing them.

I'm curious as to how many others on this forum have a form of synesthesia that amplifies in specific relation to these melodies. I know I do.

What the hell is synesthesia? Synesthesia according to Wikipedia is "is a neurological phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway."

What I want to know is do these Max/Cheiron songs - and melodies in particular - trigger colors, or shapes, tastes, or anything extra-sensual in your brain when you hear them?

They do for me. When a chorus like "Raise Your Glass" hits, in my head the top line (vocals) and the bottom line (guitar) melodies are different colors interlocking on what I can best describe as a golden step ladder with each step representing an interval between notes. I get this incredible feeling of euphoria and satisfaction when these colors join to produce harmonies and often chords. I promise I'm not on drugs haha! It's just one of the ways I experience really well crafted melodically driven music.

Do you guys experience anything similar (or drastically different!) when you listen to Max/Cheiron songs?

Rebecca

Welcome!

That is fascinating that you experiance synesthesia when listening to these songs. I have never experienced that. Though the songs certainly stick in my head all day and I do feel euphoric listening to these songs.

I'm interested if anyone else experiences synesthesia too.

nanofives

That is truly amazing the way you feel. I can only perceive strong amounts of energy in most cheiron songs. That feeling that makes you wanna scream out loud the lyrics of a chorus. And Max never fails on doing that, from songs like that's the way it is to songs like touch it. It's something that doesn't fade with the years.

j.fco.morales

I'm synesthesic as well.
But every song has its color.

Raise Your Glass is red.

Addicted2Melody

Quote from: j.fco.morales on May 31, 2016, 07:55:15 PM
I'm synesthesic as well.
But every song has its color.

Raise Your Glass is red.

That's rad. Do you notice a pattern in terms of which songs tend to be red? Or is each song you hear just a different shade of color?

This synesthesia stuff fascinates me. I learned that I had it about a year ago and until then thought everyone processed music this way. For like a week I thought I was Harry Potter or something. According to my research via Google though, lots of musicians and creative people report having some form of it. We're in good company  8)

j.fco.morales

Quote from: Addicted2Melody on June 01, 2016, 02:59:38 AM

That's rad. Do you notice a pattern in terms of which songs tend to be red? Or is each song you hear just a different shade of color?

This synesthesia stuff fascinates me. I learned that I had it about a year ago and until then thought everyone processed music this way. For like a week I thought I was Harry Potter or something. According to my research via Google though, lots of musicians and creative people report having some form of it. We're in good company  8)

I tried to, years ago but couldn't find a pattern.
It doesn't happen to me with every song or piece of music.

Other example: Sorry by Bieber is like a caribbean dark green.
It's not the same color as well... weird choices.

j.fco.morales