• Welcome to Cheiron Songwriters and Max Martin fan-forum and music discussion board www.swedishsongs.de - All about Swedish songwriters and music.

News:

Welcome to the Cheiron Songwriters Forums |
powered by www.maxmartinfansite.com

Here is the place to talk about all the members and friends of the legendary Cheiron Studios: Max Martin, Denniz PoP,  Rami Yacoub, Jörgen Elofsson, Andreas Carlsson, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Herbie Crichlow, Alexandra Talomaa, Alexander Kronlund, John Amatiello, Jake Schulze and all the new and old songs by the Cheiron crew and friends (Dr Luke, Shellback, Savan Kotecha...) and (your) great pop music in general.

Main Menu

Max and songs nominated to the 51st Grammy Awards

Started by Eddie Krommer, December 04, 2008, 05:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Krommer

Here are the very interesting nominees:

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance
Chasing Pavements - Adele
Love Song - Sara Bareilles
Mercy - Duffy
Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis
I Kissed A Girl - Katy Perry
So What - Pink

Electronic/Dance Album
New York City - Brazilian Girls
Alive 2007 - Daft Punk
Bring Ya To The Brink - Cyndi Lauper
X - Kylie Minogue
Last Night - Moby
Robyn - Robyn

Rebecca

wow, great news. 2 songs for Max

I don't see him winning. Grammy winners are usually boring and safe choices, mostly I don't even remember who won, it's hardly ever anyone I like.

Probably Bleeding Love will win or Duffy

I can't pick the Dance album winner. I hope it's Cyndi Lauper or Robyn.

nshinnosuke

I hope Leona wins Record of the Year,I'm afraid that Coldplay might win a lot of them this time,I never liked Coldplay,their music is just boring and stupid...
I like Sara Bareilles too,I don't see Katy or Pink winning the category,Pink might win only if she belongs to the female rock vocal performance category like Trouble did last time..But it's a big achievement for Max, 2 songs nominated for the same category..
And what the heck, Lil Wayne's album is nominated for album of the year? It's completely cheap and rubbish..I can't understand Grammy,they're always choosing the most generic ones...

Feelgoodlies

Both of Max songs were hits, so technically they have to be rewarded.

Lil Wayne is nomimnated, and they say grammy is the most respectful awards ::)

I hope Leona wins something, cause she really deserves.

Raul_esp

woww , two max songs! , exciting! I hope max win something

*Sabine*

So exciting though just as you Reb, I don't see him winning.
I have more hopes for the ASCAP this year...
Anyways, good luck Max!

Unexpected

I Would love to see Leona wins over So what and I kissed a girl , BL is so much better song!

Rebecca

Yep, probably Leona Lewis will win - but will they give it to an X-Factor winner?
I think the music industry is more accepting of Idol singers etc now, but still, it could go against her, there are still a lot of music industry snobs.

Unfortunately Max is not nominated for Producer of the Year award which are:

Producer Of The Year, Non-Classical
(A Producer's Award. (Artists names appear in parentheses.))

* Danger Mouse
          o Attack & Release (The Black Keys) (A)
          o Modern Guilt (Beck) (A)
          o The Odd Couple (Gnarls Barkley) (A)

* Nigel Godrich
          o In Rainbows (Radiohead) (A)

* Johnny Karkazis (Johnny K)
          o Big Bad World (Plain White T's) (A)
          o The Illusion Of Progress (Staind) (A)
          o Light From Above (Black Tide) (A)
          o 3 Doors Down (3 Doors Down) (A)

* Rick Rubin
          o Death Magnetic (Metallica) (A)
          o Home Before Dark (Neil Diamond) (A)
          o Mercy (Dancing For The Death Of An Imaginary Enemy) (Ours) (A)
          o Seeing Things (Jakob Dylan) (A)
          o Weezer (Red Album) (Weezer) (A)

* will.i.am
          o American Boy (Estelle Featuring Kanye West) (T)
          o Encanto (Sergio Mendes) (A)
          o Funky Bahia (Sergio Mendes Featuring will.i.am & Siedah Garrett) (T)
          o In The Ayer (Flo Rida Featuring will.i.am) (T)
          o Pick It Up (Fergie) (T)
          o Picture Perfect (Chris Brown Featuring will.i.am) (T)
          o What's Your Name (Usher Featuring will.i.am) (T)

http://www.grammy.com/grammy_awards/51st_show/list.aspx#23
Category 93

Out of that list I hope Rick Rubin wins, but it will probably be Will.i.am.

*Sabine*

Agree with you Unexpected that Leona Lewis is excellent and I thought that Bleeding Love at the beginning was an Andreas or Kristian's song, the rhythm is similar to Celine's I'm Alive, have you ever noticed? But for some reason, I don't really like Leona as a show girl and her personnality is not as strong as others. Maybe it's just a matter of taste.

nshinnosuke

Imagine what if I Will Be got released earlier,then there might be 3 songs written by Max in the same category... ;D I Kissed A Girl, So What & I Will Be

Eddie Krommer

I always disagree with Grammy noms and all that, sure Katy Perry got robbed  by the Jonas Brothers, she was not even included as Best New Artist!

About the Lil Wayne, I used to hate that song, Lollipop, but if you anlize the track from a production perspective, the mixing, the sound game etc, you will notice how a crappy song turns into a masterpiece. Sure I hate to addmit it, but it's true.

Oh! Almost forgot, notice that this is a year in which a nice percent of nominees are british. Thank God!

nshinnosuke

Jonas Brothers??? Gosh,Joe Jonas needs a lot of vocal lessons....I can't stand his voice...Lil Wayne is rubbish and will always be :)

starstruck52

I hate the Grammy's. They wouldn't know a quality pop song if it slapped them in the face. I'm still furious about them choosing Christina Aguilera over Britney in 2000. That made absolutely no sense at all.

*Sabine*

Quote from: starstruck52 on December 08, 2008, 10:19:00 AM
I hate the Grammy's. They wouldn't know a quality pop song if it slapped them in the face. I'm still furious about them choosing Christina Aguilera over Britney in 2000. That made absolutely no sense at all.

Yeah, Slutina instead of Britney, I didn't forget this one!  >:(